Position Code: LISMED01
This is a Medtech startup born in January 2016 focused on the Point-of-Care diagnostic segment. Their mission is to provide fast, affordable, and in-situ blood test analysis to empower people with instant information about their well-being and health conditions. With their device as a platform approach, they will be able to monitor, control and contain diseases worldwide.
This company’s value proposition is to provide a portable diagnostics device at the point-of-need, whether in an emergency, where the individual’s blood type can be identified (reducing the need for rare universal donor blood), to remote locations with no access to standard lab infrastructure. This system, using specific cartridges, can also be used to test for specific diseases (our RTDI pipeline includes HIV, Malaria and Syphilis). Increasing the availability of disease diagnostics has been the focus of the industry.
Role: Researcher Assistant
- Helping with the planning of the experiments, including reagent sourcing and orders
- Help carry out experiments
- Help write reports and propose future experiments
- Literature search and competitors’ analysis
- Basic knowledge in microbiology, immunology or similar
- Laboratory experience with basic molecular assays and methodologies
- Experience in planning and designing experiments and writing reports
- Proactive and collaborative personality
Position Code: PNABS01
This is a local independent community Pharmacy based in Spain, who recently implemented an eCommerce platform to offer easy access to pharmaceutical products on a wider scale. The objects is to consolidate, improve and add contents to make the e-commerce site a successful part of the business.
Only 5 to 10% of independent pharmacies in Spain are currently selling products online at the moment, so this represents new opportunity to succeed. The e-commerce site is targeting at the domestic Spanish market for the time being, however there will be plenty of opportunity for diversification expansion in the future.
E-commerce Growth Intern
Objective: to make the web a success and increase online order to 10 – 15 orders per day.
Possible tasks and projects include:
- Help with the development of the e-commerce platform on WordPress
- Understand value chain of the process and optimize / integrate different tools around the website
- Improve product catalogue
- Introduce new services on the website
- Help with digital marketing campaigns on Facebook, Instagram etc. to drive traffic to the website
- Implement changes to improve SEO etc.
- Data analysis
- Transferring and consolidating data from spreadsheets to the e-commerce site to improve logistics
N.B. tasks and projects may vary depending on current priorities. Specific projects and responsibilities will be discussed during an interview.
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Keen to learn about e-commerce, logistics and pharmaceuticals
- Good English is important, speaking some Spanish would be beneficial
- EITHER: experience, knowledge or interest in Excel, data analysis & WordPress websites
- OR: experience, knowledge or interest in digital marketing & SEO
Don’t exactly match these requirements? If you have the enthusiasm and want to learn – then speak to Pagoda about this position and we’ll see what is possible!
Internship Reference: SGNGO04
This children’s foundation is dedicated to serving vulnerable children in Vietnam and Mongolia who are in need of medical care, nutritional rehabilitation, educational opportunities, vocational training and job placement, who would otherwise be at high risk of sexual and commercial exploitation.
The charity also empowers impoverished communities with sustainable futures through the building and equipping of education and medical facilities and the provision of micro-finance loans and water sanitation through our community development programmes.
The Foundation seeks to maximize the potential of each child. This is accomplished within the context of the family and the community whenever possible and always with love and respect for the dignity of each child as an individual.
The Irish founder, who herself as a child lived in deep poverty in UK, arrived in Vietnam in 1989, when she began her work with the destitute street children of Ho Chi Minh City and eventually established her NGO in 1991. 164 projects have been established during the past 28 years providing vital health services, education opportunities, and community support programmes to thousands of vulnerable children and their families annually.
In 1997, the foundation extended its work into Mongolia after an investigative visit to Ulaanbaatar where the founder was shocked to discover thousands of sick and destitute street children living in horrendous conditions beneath the city streets in manholes struggling to survive against the harsh winter temperatures which can reach as low as minus 40 degrees.
The Centre admits newborns to 6 years old with severe health conditions such as but not limited to malnourishment, hydrocephalus, cerebral palsy, respiratory diseases, etc. Most of the children have intellectual and physical impairments of one form or another.
The children are divided into 2 groups:
– IMU (Intensive monitoring Unit): newborns up to 24 months old.
– Hoa Mi: 24 months up to 6 years old.
Below is a list of actions and mindsets you will be expected to bring with you into your work at the foundation:
Support socio and psychological development
You will focus on the socio and psychological development of the children at the centre through the integration and interaction with different activities and games -as per schedule- at either a one on one level or in a group scenario. You will also take children on excursions to the park and such like, provide support to the staff wherever necessary.
Each child is different
You will have a responsibility to get to know the characters of each child they interact with in order to fully maximize the benefits of such interactions for emotional and developmental growth. The coordinator and staff will help in overcoming the language barriers, but you must be aware that all children have different mindsets, stages of development, emotional, physical intellectual ability and personality. Give them time and space to get to know you and to open up to you, and always at the child’s pace.
Adapt the activities
You will need to account for the individuality of each child they are working with, and understand the needs to adapt activities depending on their level of comprehension. This must be done with care, and without judgment or comparison. Activities need to be adapted per skill and understanding of each child.
Build positive rapport
You must remember to give love and attention equally to all children – avoid favoritism. As the volunteer period is only a short time, try and avoid fostering bonds of dependence with the children, as this can impact them negatively when you eventually finish your time with the foundation. Tickles and cuddles are appropriate, but never only to one child in particular. We encourage you to show love to children in other ways: preparing high quality activities, playing, singing, laughing with them, sharing their success and such like.
Create a cheerful and safe environment
The centre is a happy and cheerful place designed to assist in a child’s growth and development both medically and emotionally. You will help to create this nurturing and communal space by bringing their positive attitudes into their interactions with the children and the centre staff.
● Implement educational and playful activities adapted to the children’s stage of development, one on one and group focus.
● Take the children to the playground and on excursion to the park.
● Implement outdoor interesting and enriching activities adapted to the children’s skills.
● Guarantee health and safety procedures.
● Update children’s profile.
● Organize performances or games with the children for events.
● Maintain the office clean and in order.
● Disinfect the toys once a week
● Priority will be given to those with a background in Education, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Psychology, Social Work and other child related training.
● To be in good mental and physical health
● Police & health check required
● Must be 21 years old except exception circumstances (previous experience working with children)
Desired skills & experience:
● An understanding of children’s developmental stages and behaviors
● Practical experience working with children –preferably with babies and toddlers.
● An understanding of physical and intellectual impairments
● Ability to work individually and in a team
● Capacity to work in a prescriptive environment
● Reliable and mature
● Dynamic and flexible to adapt to last-minute change of plans
● Respect for other cultures and practices
● Easy-going character, cheerful attitude