Position Code: LISMED01
This is a Medtech startup born in January 2016 focused on the Point-of-Care diagnostic segment. Their mission is to provide fast, affordable, and in-situ blood test analysis to empower people with instant information about their well-being and health conditions. With their device as a platform approach, they will be able to monitor, control and contain diseases worldwide.
This company’s value proposition is to provide a portable diagnostics device at the point-of-need, whether in an emergency, where the individual’s blood type can be identified (reducing the need for rare universal donor blood), to remote locations with no access to standard lab infrastructure. This system, using specific cartridges, can also be used to test for specific diseases (our RTDI pipeline includes HIV, Malaria and Syphilis). Increasing the availability of disease diagnostics has been the focus of the industry.
Role: Researcher Assistant
- Helping with the planning of the experiments, including reagent sourcing and orders
- Help carry out experiments
- Help write reports and propose future experiments
- Literature search and competitors’ analysis
- Basic knowledge in microbiology, immunology or similar
- Laboratory experience with basic molecular assays and methodologies
- Experience in planning and designing experiments and writing reports
- Proactive and collaborative personality