Position Code: MANME02
This business consultancy company works with other companies to promote sustainability & social responsibility.
Role: Sustainability Content Writer
We are looking for a creative and innovative sustainability and CSR content writer to join our start-up business.
The role is required to enhance our email marketing, content, editorial and social media efforts.
A perfect candidate will understand how to creatively reach, engage, and inform audiences across all platforms. This is a newly created position to refine our marketing efforts, improve conference registration rates, serve our partners and sponsors with content, and improve the SEO of our business.
It is important that the candidate understands what it takes to write viral content, that can produce organic reach over time and can rank well on search engines like google, bing, yahoo search, etc.
The candidate will know how to choose the right titles, have a good understanding of social media marketing (i.e., SEO optimised content) and understand which topics may go viral.
The candidate should be passionate about reading/writing, with a strong knowledge of sustainability and CSR, they should be a quick learner, with a strong level of written and spoken English with an ability to manage time well and set priorities effectively.
This is a remote role.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Produce the written content for the conference delegate acquisition process
- Preparing materials based on agreed briefs
- Ensure consistency in tone of voice across all platforms
- Producing well-written, SEO optimised articles
- Keep abreast of the latest trends to spot opportunities for growth and new content
- Collaborate with senior managers and other team members to share strategies and best practices
- Responsible for writing Titles/straplines/keywords/content/articles/blogs/polls etc. for B2B target audiences on trending topics (sustainability and CSR) in categories like Environment, Nature, Travel, Workplace, Community and Charity, ESG, and more.
- Monitor communities for content inspiration and make content suggestions to COO
- Monitor industry news for content inspiration and make content suggestions to COO
- Ensure all communications are on-brand
Essential Skills & Requirements
- BA degree in Marketing, Journalism, or relevant field
- Experience creating, optimising, and adapting content for different platforms including email, websites, newsletters, video, and social media for a B2B audience.
- Interest in digital marketing trends
- Edit, proofread and improve content across all platforms
- Optimize content considering SEO and Google Analytics
- Generate ideas to increase customer engagement
- Editorial mindset with an ability to predict audience preferences
- Excellent communication and writing skills for an English, American and global audience
- Incorporate team feedback gracefully into your work
- Have good copywriting skills and understand how to use language and alter tone of voice for different clients/target audiences
- Have strong organisational and written communication skills