Internship Code: KSBS03
Want to make an impact in the world? This company does too! Seriously, they are doing something here that has the potential to save our planet by driving behavioural change across society and changing the global consciousness away from plastic.
Founded in 2018, this little eco-friendly Canadian start-up specializes in designing luxury bamboo sunglasses, toothbrushes, stainless steel water bottles and more; meanwhile establishing and promoting several eco-friendly initiatives.
The company began with a simple desire: to prove that people didn’t need to compromise to go green – that bamboo products can be better, healthier and more fun to use than plastic ones.
The company was founded with a rebellious spirit – and a maple heart to show the world that the faster we stop relying on plastic and move towards a biodegradable bamboo future, the better. They are a community of everyday people who are passionate about protecting and preserving Taiwan’s, and the world’s, oceans, waves and beaches.
Sourcing Manager Internship
This company needs someone who is passionate about making a real impact while having an interest in international business. You’ll be helping to pave the runway for this potentially world-changing venture and getting a ton of international sourcing and start-up experience. The company needs a plethora of new products to grow into a self-sustaining global movement. This is where you come in!
This company’s Sourcing Manager Interns are aspiring business professionals who help develop relationships with new manufacturers while sourcing new products, negotiating minimum order quantity and pricing.
- Understanding the overall concept of the company, including the brand, customer, product goals, and local Taiwan eco-friendly initiatives
- Sourcing all of the company’s products, negotiating minimum order quantity and pricing; determining the timing of deliveries
- Optimizing sourcing activities by researching and contacting new manufacturers
- Inventing negotiation strategies and securing profitable deals with trustworthy suppliers
- Understanding the company’s requirements and needs by carrying out thorough research
- Initiating and maintaining friendly relationships with suppliers and vendors
- Researching on Google and YouTube the latest and greatest sourcing techniques and tools
Activities are not limited to the above, and candidates are encouraged to discuss further their own abilities and interests in an interview to identify synergies.
Successful candidates will have an opportunity to take on meaningful responsibility and gain broad exposure to the eco-friendly startups’ ecosystem.
Become an intern with this company and help spread the word about their bamboo products and eco-friendly initiatives in Taiwan and around the world.
- Preferred degree of study in marketing, sales, international business, logistics, or a closely related field
- Fluency in written and spoken Mandarin Chinese language; minimum of basic proficiency in written and spoken English language
- A natural interest in staying abreast of cultural trends and emerging consumer behaviors
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse sourcing platform techniques
- Interested in eco-friendly impact startups, especially companies using biodegradable materials in their products to replace plastic ones to solve problems like ocean plastic pollution
- Passionate about making an impact in our world
- Self-driven: you’ll receive plenty of guidance, but they want to see you run with things; taking control and developing your role and projects
- A fertile imagination and disregard for the impossible; an ability to get things done while having some fun too!