Internship Code: TPBS122
This company is a social enterprise and Taiwan’s first Certified B Corporation dedicated to creating a better climate future. Small actions, like changing to energy-efficient LEDs and adopting climate-friendly behaviors, when multiplied across millions of small businesses and tens of millions of individuals, can make a big difference in helping the island to achieve its energy and climate goals.
The Paris Agreement creates a consensus among the world’s governments, setting a target (i.e. the Two Degrees Scenario) and the framework of intergovernmental cooperation on transitioning to a low-carbon economy. However, even in this scenario, the world of tomorrow is forecast to be more volatile and less prosperous than the one today. This company refuses to accept this. The slow trickle down of policy action cannot achieve the world we want. Only concerted, collective action among all players in society can. For this, we need a social movement – one where individuals are responsible to one another and where everyone has a role to play. That is what this company is creating.
They have been working on an energy prosperity project aiming to tackle the energy justice issue for over 5 years now, and want to take this project international. So as an intern working with this project, you will be planning and executing the marketing plan for promoting this project overseas with phase one focus in the US/Canada and Hong Kong market.
They are also launching their Game Changer Programme in order to help people in business engage with important environmental and societal challenges, in ways that help create vibrant teams, cultures and organizations. Their training program is designed for professionals who have some familiarity with the CSR-sustainability domain and focuses on the soft skills and integrated strategic thinking that is needed. As an intern working with this project, you will be supporting the launch of the program and the establishment of a learning community around these issues.
Their project team consists of three dedicated professionals with both academic and business experience, with a strong passion for equipping people who are willing to step up as game-changers with perspectives and abilities that will help them be impactful in their roles.
Social Media Internship
- Design, build and maintain their social media presence (specifically for Linkedin page and Linkedin community page)
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily on a range of topics with links to CSR/ESG/social innovation/ SDGS/ sustainability/ impact investing/ environmental education/ climate emergency etc (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (cover, pictures and blog layout)
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about their company, competitors, and/or industry, both from existing leads and customers as well as from brand new audiences
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success (e.g., Twitter chats, LinkedIn discussions, etc.)
- Active and well-rounded personal presence in social media, with a command of each network and their best practices
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions
- Hands-on experience in content management
- Excellent copywriting and video editing skills
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of online marketing channels
- Familiarity with web design
- Analytical and multitasking skills
- Marketing or Communications degree is welcomed
- Bilingual (English/Chinese) is preferred, English only is good too