Position Code: SGNGO16
This NGO’s mission is to support the sustainable development of Vietnamese communities and the enrichment of their cultural heritage.
This NGO has 20+ years of experience in empowering women and youth. They empower women and youth through improving life skills, raising self-awareness, bringing new knowledge and opening opportunities and support networks. Their Education portfolio empowers disadvantaged youth to access education and increase economic opportunities. Their Modern Slavery Prevention portfolio invests comprehensively in at-risk youths to prevent trafficking and in survivors to help them build new lives.
Role: Communications Intern
Possible tasks and projects include:
The Communications Intern will report directly to the Communications Director for day-to-day management support and decision making. This position can either be in-person or virtually. The working hours will accommodate an international team based in Vietnam and California, USA. This position requires a commitment of at least 2-3 months.
Average weekly hours: 40 hours, with some evening and weekend hours.
- Develop and prepare marketing materials, including short videos
- Edit videos for promotional pieces
- Assist in writing content for social media/website, periodic and final program/project reports, annual reports, and other documents
- Conduct research on stakeholders and information/data related to project goals
- Tasks may include website and social media account management, content creation, graphic design, fundraising campaign, and desk research
- Other tasks as assigned
N.B. tasks and projects may vary depending on current priorities. Specific projects and responsibilities will be discussed during an interview.
- Experience in video production is desirable
- Technology-oriented: excellent computer skills including MSOffice; proficiency in video-editing
software and video production
- Strong coordination and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Flexible, goal-oriented, demonstrated aptitude for change and learning
- Fluency in Vietnamese is desirable
- Ability to multi-task, stay focused, and handle pressure
- Ability to prosper in a team environment
- Ethical and accountable; the ability to maintain confidentiality is a MUST
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or currently enrolled in a university
- Women are encouraged to apply
Don’t exactly match these requirements? If you have the enthusiasm and want to learn – then speak to Pagoda about this position and we’ll see what is possible!