Internship Reference: CDBS139
This organization is a non-profit NGO which was founded in June 2003. They are committed to supporting the natural, recreational and cultural values of rivers, in particular the upper reaches of the Yangtze River. They provide a unified voice on environmental values and issues. These issues include river conservation, environmental protection, development of environmental awareness, and the promotion of sustainable development in both urban and rural areas.
The working culture is very much influenced by relationship building and by grassroot-NGO working techniques. As a team member you will integrated into the team quickly.
Main programs include:
- Research on water environments and the sustainability of water resources;
- Treatment of water pollution;
- Legal advocacy, influencing policy-making on the local, municipal, and provincial levels;
- Urban and rural environmental education and public capacity-building
- Carry out international comparative analysis on a range of issues; public participation in environmental impact assessments, environmental laws, impacts of industrial pollution on local (water) environments, low-carbon development methods and techniques, etc.
- Support the organization’s researchers with foreign case studies and literature
- Arrange research outcomes for web publication/ the organization’s internal database
- Intermediate Chinese
- Fluency in English
- Self-starter – takes initiative and is able to follow through on work assignments
- Has a keen interest in the development of Chinese social organizations and China’s environmental challenges
- Ability to find and organize academic materials from Chinese and foreign sources; strong English writing skills