Position Code: SGBS33
This Internship Host Company was founded as a modest entrepreneurial venture in 2003. Today, with over 6000 employees and an international team of dedicated furniture specialists, the group supplies major retailers globally, and is widely regarded as a preeminent player in the high-end manufacturing industry.
With a reputation for exceptional quality and exquisite craftsmanship, they are a proud leader in exceptional design, innovative product development and world-class manufacturing in the luxury furniture market.
They are an internationally focused, business-to-business enterprise, serving some of the biggest names in the luxury furniture market. They are also a proud leader in exceptional design, innovative product development and world-class manufacturing
This internship placed in the commercial team will benefit students who are in business development and project management disciplines. The student will have a wide exposure to many departments in a large-scale manufacturing business, both from commercial and manufacturing operation sides, as they complete the assigned tasks & projects.
Possible tasks and projects include:
Business Process Excellence
- Gather as-is practices on the New Sales Order process and identify how they can be aligned and standardized across commercial business
- Support CCO on communication and follow up on other business process improvement activities
Sustainability research & analysis
- Support the research on sustainability topics applicable to the business and complete any surveys requested by customers by collaborating with relevant departments. Where data is not readily available, work with the department to derive alternative sources & data extraction.
- Provide a simple analysis on risks and opportunities based on our sustainability profile (baseline) and recommend any quick-wins (with actionable plan)
N.B. tasks and projects may vary depending on current priorities. Specific projects and responsibilities will be discussed during an interview.
- Student major in Business Management, Economics, Marketing and Project Management
- Good interpersonal & communication skills
- Analytical minded and able to conduct researches across internal and external source
Don’t exactly match these requirements? If you have the enthusiasm and want to learn – then speak to Pagoda about this position and we’ll see what is possible!