Position Code: BERBS16
This Internship Host Company is a non-profit tech school for locals and newcomers without access to digital education.
They offer students high-quality coding and basic computer courses in combination with a unique career program as well as the chance to collaborate with the start-up and digital industry since 2016.
Their aim is to provide students with valuable digital skills and a strong network of tech leaders, students, and alumni to help create new opportunities for all.
Join the Internship Host Company and support their learners on their journey towards a job in tech.
With your internship, you can actively contribute to their mission and learn about event management, tech education, project management and communications.
Program & Event Management Internship
Your internship with the host company is hands-on and flexible – they want to shape it to your interests and strengths.
They have five projects, where they need support. They are also open to your ideas.
- Event Management – At the host company, they bring students and industry professionals together and create optimal learning spaces. That means they have lots of workshops, classes and events taking place. The events are a lot of fun since the students are very eager to learn and the volunteers are motivated to teach. You can help them to facilitate these events. Once you feel comfortable, you can take over certain parts of the event management such as communication, hosting, analysis and stakeholder management. Most events take place in the evening. It might be on average one evening per week.
- Tech Course Support – The host company has kicked off a new program for advanced learners. It offers advanced data and front-end learners a platform to work together on projects. You can support the host company to run the group, coordinate the volunteer experts and support the learners to get closer to an internship or entry-level position in the job market.
- ReDI Hubs – They are setting up knowledge bases for the learners and teachers. The first version of it is already set up. The host company would like to further develop it. It is set up with google sites. If you are interested, you can support taking the hubs to the next level. Some ideas: Connect to Google Analytics, create an engaging experience on hubs, conduct research on effectiveness.
- Communication – The host company has around 200 students and 70 teachers and a huge community. They engage with them and empower them on the way to the first job in tech. You can support internal and external communication such as collecting personal feedback from learners, responding to learner requests, supporting or leading the monthly alumni newsletter and gathering success stories from learners.
- Your ideas: You can bring in your own ideas and propose a project. The host company are prototyping a lot of new services and processes and are always happy about new ideas.
N.B. tasks and projects may vary depending on current priorities. Specific projects and responsibilities will be discussed during an interview.
- Good knowledge of English (C1).
- Experience working in multicultural contexts.
- Interested in education & tech.
- Very good communication and coordination skills.
- Very well organized and structured way of working.
- Strong team player who can work independently.
- Experience in workshop/event planning is a plus.
Don’t exactly match these requirements? If you have the enthusiasm and want to learn – then speak to Pagoda about this position and we’ll see what is possible!