Internship Reference: TPME09
This company is an exciting newly formed foreign-owned game development studio, formed by industry vets and headquartered in Taipei. They are currently working on amazing AAA next-gen content for console/mobile/PC and looking for the talent of tomorrow to help them in creating experiences for the players of the future.
The studio culture positions itself at the intersection of technical proficiency and creative efficiency. They value the input and are not looking for robots but for individuals who are intrinsically motivated to create something special.
‘If you want to go far, go together.”
Internship Position: Production Internship at Game Development Studio
They are looking for a Producer to provide overall leadership and influence at a team level while managing one or more components of different projects.
- Responsibilities Include:
- Reporting task status to other producers and leads.
- People allocation and management
- Monitor time, quality, cost, and continuous improvement across projects
- Communicating and coordinating across departments, reporting progress, dependencies and risks as needed
- Organizing and recording meeting activities, and providing actionable notes
- Fostering strong and collaborative relationships with each department to bring projects to completion
- Supporting the team by running daily stand-ups, scheduling meetings, taking, sharing and centralizing notes and documentation, and otherwise keeping the team organized and on track
- Proactively managing changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
- Providing transparency on project status and risks to stakeholders in order to ensure they are properly informed of any potential impacts
- Tracking and following up on issues affecting end users and ensure they are being resolved
- Interacting with clients and tracking project progress and feedback to ensure quality and timely completion
- Other duties as assigned
- Must-have traits include:
* Skills in working with stakeholders to develop project goals, scope, and budget, planning, and scheduling project sub-tasks based on limited resources and goals, and an ability to lead a team to the successful execution of such goals. Relevant work experience is an advantage.
* The Producer must be highly motivated, extremely well-organized and possess excellent presentation and client management skills, while accurately coordinating the requirements of the project.
* S/he must also be self-driven, and able to come up with creative and meaningful solutions to schedule, budget, and people planning
- Academic or professional experience in the gaming industry preferred
- Proficiency in project management tools (e.g. Smartsheet, Excel, Power BI, Confluence, JIRA, Hansoft, Microsoft Project. etc.)
- Excellent communication, time-management, and teamwork skills
- Flexibility and openness to change and new information, adapting behavior and work methods accordingly
- High English proficiency to a native standard
- Japanese language skills a strong plus