Internship Code: SIBS05
The founder of this company will run across Africa; from Alexandria, Egypt, to Cape Town, South Africa, for a total of 13000km to raise funds in order to help to provide safe water across the continent.
She will complete over 300 marathons, across 19 countries, cycling through 30 pairs of running shoes, 100s of unexpected events, 1000s of new faces, and countless new experiences, as she looks to establish a new Guinness World Record as the first woman and only the second human to run Africa lengthwise (North to South).
This 1.5 year-long adventure will connect communities across the world to help make safe water available in Africa while creating an international conversation on women empowerment and entrepreneurship. They are teamed up with Nano Filter, a Tanzanian-based Water Nano Filter that transforms any water into safe water to communities in need across Africa. Together, they will create a lasting impact for years to come.
This project is important as it directly impacts thousands in Africa that do not have access to safe water, it is truly something beyond oneself that generates a real impact on the world. To raise awareness of the African Run Project, the founder will first be running from Vancouver to San Diego starting in October 2021 to start raising media attention, create a short film, and promote her fundraiser.
The African Continent Run requires the correct attention and funding to create as much impact as possible. As of now, they are focused on creating meaningful contacts with potential sponsors, reaching out to media, and setting up basic security in Africa.
Marketing & Business Development Internship
- Social media strategy and execution: FB, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Linkedin, etc.
- Execution of the social media when the founder will be running in the US and Africa; ability to work on a tight schedule, and know how to prioritize the content
- Plan, execute and analyze user acquisition campaigns across Facebook, LinkedIn pro, blog, and other B2B channels
- Create a lead generation strategy for getting sponsorship and implement the requirements of each sponsor in the daily operation of the company
- Indiegogo campaign launch, follow up
- Contact with formal media (BBC, National Geographic, etc.) to get the most exposure with them
- Manage the calendar for the interview and public speaking of the founder while she is running in the US
- Marketing for the book launch
- Website finalisation and SEO optimization
- Track social media to identify high-performing ideas and campaigns for scalability (through the dashboard)
- Communicate clearly to management the plans, the dashboard numbers (contacting sponsorship leads, appointment numbers, etc.) status, and challenges to meeting objectives on a weekly basis
- Currently enrolled in college or a recent graduate with a bachelor’s degree in business, digital communication, digital marketing, advertising or graphic design
- Fluent English speaking and writing skills
- Interested in social media trends
- Copywriting and editing skills
- Some marketing experience
- Experience sales preferable
- Creativity and pro-activity
- Ability to use Adobe Photoshop to create advertising visuals
- Strong capabilities in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to use Google Sheet/Excel to track and analyze campaign performance
- 3-month internship minimum
- You should be proactive with a positive attitude
- You should be able to take broad tasks, self-manage a workload, and report on project statuses
- You should have excellent communication and team-play skills
- Thrive in a dynamic and diverse team and is committed to building an influential culture focused on connectivity
- Most importantly, you should be trustworthy, care about doing the job right, and can self-manage a workload
- Like variety in your work and look for ways to do things better
- Good communication skills and a team player
- Free-thinker who speaks your mind
- Ability to work regarding the priority of the project
- Critical thinker and solid interpersonal skills