Reference code: CDEN06
This organisation is a leading manufacturer of precision-engineered aerospace products, from rigid pipes, ducting, sub-assemblies, fabrications and sheet details to composite tubing, specialist fasteners, machining, and polishing & finishing. They make the most of their global manufacturing capabilities to deliver the very best value at all times.
As well as manufacturing airframe parts and power plant components in traditional materials and composites, their unique structure – with manufacturing facilities across the UK and China – means they also able to offer customers a range of value-added services including global supply chain management, new product introduction and product lifecycle management.
Manufacturing Engineer Assistant
The Engineer will be involved in the development of methods of manufacture for new products including initial estimating, formulation of CNC programmes and identification of tooling requirements. The intern will work closely with Quality and Manufacturing to optimise set up and manufacturing times.
- Managing implementation of new product introduction process
- Development of manufacturing techniques which eliminate quality and manufacturing issues and optimise cost
- Identification of tooling requirements supporting new product introduction
- Development of CNC programmes
- Review of drawings and initial estimating for new products
- Promote continuous improvement activities within engineering/manufacturing
- Development of all manufacturing documentation
- Preferable work experience in a Engineering role, ideally for a High Technology manufacturing company
- Experience using Autocad and Mastercam would be an advantage
- Familiar writing CNC programmes for Lathes and/or Vertical Machining Centres
- Estimating experience
- Resolution of all technical issues and liason internally and externally
- Experience in manufacturing environment with ability to confidently interpret drawing requirements
- Able to deliver high levels of performance
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence others
- Able to work with minimal supervision yet deliver business objectives