Position Code: LISFIN04
This is an early-stage European venture capital fund partnering with globally-minded founders. It is a Venture Capital Firm based in Lisbon, Portugal, that manages 2 VC Funds and 2 Investment Vehicles. The main investment focus is tech startups in the pre-seed and seed stages, having more than 40 companies in their portfolio.
They’re supportive, founder focused, and aim to work together with you as a close and collaborative team of independent thinkers. Along with the support of their entire network, each member of their team brings their own personal experience to the table.
Investor Relations Intern
Possible tasks and projects include:This internship Host Company is looking for an enthusiastic and talented individual to support the Investment Relations and Fundraising team. They are an early-stage European venture capital fund focused on disruptive technology businesses. The Investor Relations role will provide the candidate unique exposure to venture fund strategies, fundraising processes, and direct access to investment partners.
The Investor Relations and Fundraising team are looking to provide work experience to a dynamic, commercially minded, and entrepreneurial person who can support the enhancement of the fundraising pipeline. The role is for up to 3 months starting as soon as possible.
The Investor Relations candidate will be working closely with the Managing and Operating partners on the fundraising effort. The candidate will be focused on various communication initiatives, conducting investor focused research, and attending / shadowing fundraising calls. This is a unique opportunity to gain commercial experience at a fast growing venture capital firm.
N.B. tasks and projects may vary depending on current priorities. Specific projects and responsibilities will be discussed during an interview.
- Help in the fundraising process by speaking to high net worth and corporate institutional investors
- Conduct market and competitor research
- Develop an understanding of the investment strategies of the fund
- Organise meetings with potential investors
- Interest in venture capital and the progress of technology within society
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with fluency in English and / or Portuguese
- Structured thinker with high levels of initiative and ability to think on their feet and stay calm under pressure
- Cold calling / cold emailing experience in a related sales role
- Strong proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Previous experience using CRM systems is a plus
- Strong work ethic, team player, and high level of integrity
Exceptional and unique opportunity to gain experience in the highly sort after venture capital space.
Don’t exactly match these requirements? If you have the enthusiasm and want to learn – then speak to Pagoda about this position and we’ll see what is possible!