Position Code: MADSC02
This company is a world leader in airborne and marine geophysical solutions, including value-adding data acquisition, data processing, data interpretation, data management, and specialized software.
They offer natural resource mapping (Oil & Gas, mining, underground water and geothermal) to, sustainably, unlock the hidden wealth of the Earth and facilitate the decision-making processes of their clients.
Serving mainly the Oil & Gas, mining, government, energy, and utility markets, this company’s global client portfolio ranges between public and private sectors including Major and Junior companies and organizations.
Distributed in 10 office locations around the world, with main headquarters in Spain, an effective, multi-disciplinary management team leads an experienced group of geophysicists, geologists, pilots, engineers, operational, commercial, and administrative staff.
Role: Geophysics Internship
Assist in acquisition, QA/QC, processing, modeling, interpretation, and management of geophysical data as directed by Staff Geophysicist, Project Managers, or the Exploration/Development Manager. Receive training on field work best practices and data acquisition techniques!
- Design and execute daily survey plans including logistics, route planning, permit compliance, data management and field safety.
- Responsible for generating maps, cross sections, figures, memos and/or presentations that aid in interpretation of geophysical data.
- Work with Staff Geophysicist and Project Geologist to integrate geophysical interpretation into existing conceptual model(s).
- Maintain geophysical equipment.
- Organize and catalog legacy geophysical datasets and reports.
- Working on or recently completed a bachelor’s degree in geologic sciences or geophysics, or alternatively, a physics or engineering degree with a relevant focus.
- Experience doing remote and/or self-guided field work is strongly favorable.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English at a level which will permit the employee to accurately understand and communicate information to perform the job duties safely and efficiently
- Must be able to use and acquire knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation. Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and use of the Internet.