Internship Reference: QDFN02
This host company is a franchise of an international sail making group that has approximately 60 outlets throughout the world. They have been in Qingdao since 2007. The sail making industry is changing and more and more production facilities within the group are choosing or being forced to outsource the manufacturing side of the business. A lot of this outsourcing work is coming to this host company. In Qingdao, they build sails to order – a lot of their work is custom-made sails. They currently are exporting about 95% of their production to just about every corner of the world. The last few years they have grown at about 20-25% a year, and they expect this to continue into the future.
Financial Officer Assistant
- Learn about accounting practices in a Chinese branch of an international company
- Understand the company’s use of the accounting software Xero.
- The company is registered in Mainland China, Hong Kong and in Australia. Each location has its own set of accounts. The company needs help developing a system to link the three separate accounting systems.
- This is in order to develop an individual profit and loss record for each location.
- The host company also wants to develop a total profit and loss record for all three sets of accounts.
- This work will also include regular contact with the company accountant based in Australia.
- Educational background in Business Management, Finance or Accounting
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Keen eye for detail
- Easy-going, yet motivated personality required for success in this company
- Demonstrable interest in sailing a big advantage!
- Interested in the F&B industry
- Previous work experience is not required
- Ability to speak English