Position Code: TYIT01
This is a value-driven team on a mission to build a dynamic business ecosystem and inspire humanity to achieve more.
DevOps Software Engineering Intern
This DevOps Engineering Internship will allow you to apply knowledge gained from your Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Electrical Engineering courses to solve real-world problems.
It will also enable you to gain exposure to leaders and connect with other interns. As a result, you will be able to sharpen your skills and acquire valuable hands-on experience in your degree.
As a DevOps Engineering Intern, you will contribute to helping the company move quickly and efficiently, by automating processes and making it easier to build, test, and deploy software. Therefore, you will work in concert with Product Managers, UI/UX Designers, QA, Front-End, and Back-End Software Engineers in a fast-paced startup environment with minimal documentation. To be successful in this role, you must understand the tools used for coding and be able to process multiple programming languages, including PHP and Ruby.
If you are enthusiastic about the quality and user experience, you are in the right place.
Possible tasks and projects include:
- Apply knowledge acquired from Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Systems,
- Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Electrical Engineering courses and experience to solve real-world problems.
- Plan and coordinate deployments.
- Write and maintain documentation.
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance.
N.B. tasks and projects may vary depending on current priorities. Specific projects and responsibilities will be discussed during an interview.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or other related technical fields.
- Familiarity with databases (MySQL, MongoDB) and web servers (Apache, Nginx).
- Knowledge of modern server-side web application frameworks (Symfony, Ruby on Rails, etc.) and code versioning tools (Git, SVN).
- Capability to manage time, meet deadlines, and work on several projects simultaneously with minimal direction.
Don’t exactly match these requirements? If you have the enthusiasm and want to learn – then speak to Pagoda about this position and we’ll see what is possible!