Position Code: BERBS32
This Internship Host Company aims to become a well-known and trustworthy partner for companies and public institutions that seek contact with decision-makers in political institutions and give them the opportunity to talk about their business to generate win-win situations.
With Associates in Berlin, Brussels, London, and Tallinn, they provide expertise, experience, and reach across multiple parts of the world. To ensure the economic success of their clients they make sure to provide guidance throughout the political structure of the target audience and ensure having discussions with the right people at the right time. The Host Company are offering an internship of at least two months, to assist the team with research, monitoring and account management.
- An office environment in which to practice your English skills (if English is not your native language), working across Europe – currently especially in Germany, France, Italy and the EU institutions in Brussels.
- An introduction to the world of international development and the freedom to build a network of ministerial and diplomatic contacts.
- Experience with local EU representatives, on behalf of European Diplomats.
- Understanding of how a pan-European office environment functions with a diverse team who are very experienced at ensuring interns get hands-on work experience.
- Working in a fast-paced, young start-up, with the knowledge and expertise of big agencies.
- The opportunity to work with an international organisation, offering experience and capacity building in a number of different activities.
Role: Business-to-Government Relations Intern
Possible tasks and projects include:
- International development work.
- Policy monitoring.
- Press monitoring.
- Tender monitoring.
- Policy research.
- Blog writing.
- Assisting with client account management.
- Market research.
- Meeting documentation.
- The organisation of seminars and events.
- Office Administration.
N.B. tasks and projects may vary depending on current priorities. Specific projects and responsibilities will be discussed during an interview.
- Good English skills (oral and written).
- Confident use of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Confident Communicator.
- Good research skills.
- Great team player.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to appropriately prioritize tasks.
- Interest in communications, public and government affairs, politics.
- Some understanding of the education sector.
- German, Italian and French strongly preferred, but any other language is a plus.
- Some experience in public/government affairs or lobbying, MP’s office, Party in an agency or inhouse.
- Understanding of European political systems.