Internship Code: SIBS03
This company is a platform that connects curious ex-pats to other like-minded individuals and communities in a new city on an intellectual level. They help build their social circles, allowing them to integrate with ease and find a sense of belonging.
Expats who are new to a city are often lonely and hence default to various forms of social tools like Facebook groups or dating apps to either meet new friends, in search of a community that resonates with them, or just to feel at home. Not only is this process tedious, but it has also disproportionately favored people who are more physically attractive.
This company started off with the ambition of building a community with whom you can better yourself and journey through life. The platform is your plug into a curated ecosystem of global entrepreneurs, creative spirits, tech geeks, big thinkers & more.
Brand & Marketing Intern
This company is looking for a talented Brand & Marketing intern who thrives in a challenging, exciting, and fast-paced start-up environment. He/she should be proactive, organized, and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a timely manner. Someone who is independent but also able to collaborate in a team environment. The company would love an intern who doesn’t act like one – come in, bring in fresh ideas, challenge frameworks, and experiment! They are an extremely lean team that iterates fast.
Reporting directly to the Founder, you will play a key role in assisting in growing their customer base, establishing their creative brand strategy, and understanding their users. This will include, content marketing (writing & designing), user experience (UX) research, brand strategy.
- Work closely with the founder to develop a Go-to-Market strategy: Identify the audience, develop a marketing plan, & fine-tune their brand positioning
- Craft and execute persuasive, creative multi-format digital content for the company’s marketing collaterals, website, emails, and social media to communicate the company’s brand value propositions and product verticals
- Help manage and grow their social media presence and drive traffic to their blog through creative content marketing initiatives
- Work closely with the team on developing and fine-tuning the company’s blog content strategy
- Conduct topic and SEO research
- Adopt a data-driven approach at analyzing web traffic, user behavior, and user acquisition with the purpose of driving actionable insights
- Growth hacking – finding where their audience is and helping acquire them
- User Experience Research – Conduct surveys and interviews to gather feedback on their service to help iterate and improve their product
- Build on the company’s content marketing playbook to document best practices
- Student in Business, Marketing, Art, Design, Creative Multimedia, Mass Communications, Advertising, Media or equivalent disciplines
- Applied understanding of basic marketing principles
- Able to execute and familiar with the works of social media marketing and search engine optimisation
- Supporting the marketing of media channels by monitoring the results of content delivered on global social media platforms including Facebook pages/group, Instagram, Twitter, Telegram using analytics tools to identify trends and key learnings
- Familiar with basic content creation software and tools such as Canva
- Have an eye for design
- Assist in multi-channel marketing strategies
- Support the Marketing team in customer development, customer surveys, and beta testing groups
- Creative problem solver and self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoys experimenting with new ideas
Feel free to attach a portfolio of past work (designs, writings – anything!) that you are proud of and would like the company to check out!