Position Code: BERBS46
This Internship Host Company is a Berlin based start-up, female-led and innovative team of ten, on a mission to transform healthcare education in Africa. They have created an online education platform to provide their African learners with the tools and skills they need to become job-ready to fill in-demand roles. Platform learners have access to accredited educational content from leading global institutions, hosted on a platform that will deliver an inclusive, social, and data driven engaging learning experience.
Role: Startup Funding Internship (f/m/x)
Possible tasks and projects include:
- Research, identify and propose new seed investment opportunities with VCs, Angels, and/or Public Grants relating to social impact, education and international development.
- Support, as needed, executive team in initial investor outreach, strategies for funding, data sourcing, and other efforts needed for investor relations.
- Provide guidance and oversight to develop and submit public grant proposals and concept notes and conduct the relevant groundwork and research needed to compose a winning proposal.
- Attend and participate in internal and external meetings as necessary.
N.B. tasks and projects may vary depending on current priorities. Specific projects and responsibilities will be discussed during an interview.
- You have a high degree of comfort with analytics, numbers and the capability to draw decisions based on both intuition and data
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset with a keen interest in start-ups and technology displayed through deep knowledge and, if applicable, previous start-up work experience
- You can effectively work in an independent, structured and goal-oriented manner
- Are currently studying or have graduated from a finance, or relevant degree
- Interest in social impact, healthcare and education
- Resourceful research skills, data-driven, ability to synthesize information quickly
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to successfully work independently and in a team environment
In return, the host company can offer…
- You will have a direct impact in the company by working directly with the management team
- You will gain lifelong knowledge about performance metrics for tracking and setting goals
- You are encouraged to openly present ideas and take ownership of your work
- You will be part of a product that helps increase the health human resource capacity in Africa and have an incredible impact on population health outcomes
- You will have a flexible work schedule
- A chance to grow together with a hardworking, down-to-earth, and mission-driven team
Don’t exactly match these requirements? If you have the enthusiasm and want to learn – then speak to Pagoda about this position and we’ll see what is possible!