Position Code: LISBS21
This tech company is an interdisciplinary platform that explores the relationship between art, science, and
culture through the medium of sound. The inspiration behind it stems from the belief that
curiosity, creativity, and dialogue are necessary for artistic, scientific, and social evolution.
The company explores the past, current, and future uses of sound in diverging areas of people’s daily lives, asks
crucial questions and brings together key people, technology & institutions to answer them.
Their projects aim at creating unique and engaging opportunities for humans to meet and are
motivated by the beauty of the exchange of knowledge across geographical, academic, and
cultural barriers, which results from striving for interdisciplinarity and diversity.
This company has team members in Portugal and Germany.
Role: Assistant Manager to the Director
As an assistant manager trainee, you will act as the right-hand of the director and be of vital importance to the optimal functioning of our work processes and project implementation. You will play the facilitator role so that the director’s day can happen without any trouble.
Essential responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting the director in organizing, planning, and implementing strategy and projects
- Schedule and coordinate meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Scout public and private funding opportunities and manage application processes
- Conduct research and analysis of latest developments surrounding sound, art & science
- Develop strategies for better workplace efficiency and goal achievement
- Email correspondence
- Monitor spending patterns and budgets
Essential skills and qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to convey important information clearly and effectively
- Very good knowledge of English. German and Portuguese are beneficial, but not mandatory
- Strong leadership and initiative
- People person, able to provide excellent service
- Quick decision-making and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent time management
- Responsible, goal-oriented and organized
- Strong attention to detail, able to multitask, and stress-resistant.
- Confident, proactive, and willing to take on workplace challenge
This is a part-time position. The exact scope may vary and will be agreed upon individually, but
should cover at least 8 hours per week.