Internship Reference: CDBS62
This Chengdu based media and marketing agency, runs South-West China’s largest international platforms. These platforms target the city’s international community, and localize creative campaigns for international and national heavyweights; such as adidas, BMW, and DiDi Chuxing.
The founders of this company are Belgian, French and English, with Chinese team mates, so this is an exciting opportunity to work in a truly cross cultural workplace. Whilst most campaigns they run are online, this company also organizes some of the city’s most exciting events; Secret Cinema, musical festivals, and Startup Weekend, to encourage entrepreneurship in China’s tech capital, Chengdu.
They are looking for creative thinkers, and hard working self starters to join their team.
For those working remote…
We’re a young, fun team, and look forward to working together – remotely for now – and showing you the ropes. Role: Responsible for researching, creating, and writing and updating copy that properly reflects our strategy. The job will entail research, blog writing, social media assistance, general agency tasks, and possible copy assignments depending on skill level.
Marketing & Events Coordinator
As is the case with all media start-ups, the work will be extremely varied, but interesting.
A typical week may include, but is not limited to:
• Creative content generation
• Executing campaigns on international and Chinese media platforms
• Developing social media campaigns
• Event planning; from sponsorship proposals to event execution and post marketing
• Campaign evaluations; budgeting and reach reports
• Design – both online and offline materials
– A native English speaker (some aptitude in Chinese is a plus)
– A creative thinker
– Ability to use WordPress and an understanding of SEO optimization
– Design skills are a plus – Photoshop, illustrator and InDesign (we can also teach the correct candidate on the job).
– Great communication skills, sociable and extremely pro-active
– A strong interest in marketing, branding and new media.
– Positive Attitude: Desire to make a positive impact in any situation.
– Time management: Ability to prioritize, manage time and meet deadlines.
– Sense of responsibility: Ability and willingness to take ownership and responsibilities over tasks.
– Independence: Ability to work on their own without being constantly supervised.
Things you will learn (remotely!):
– A general sense of China’s business climate
– A crash course in new media in China (and the west)
– You will gain knowledge on current market trends
– Learn to run creative marketing campaigns across several platforms (western & chinese)
– How to create exciting content for marketing materials