Got a question regarding our 4 week Generation UK funded online China Skills programme? We have compiled a selection of our most frequently asked questions.
Click to expand the answers below, if you can’t find what you are looking for feel free to ask directly!
Applications are now open for students studying at Scottish universities and who are either UK or EU citizens.
Deadline to apply 23:59pm 24th February 2023.
For all of our Generation UK funded programmes, there is a strict eligibility criteria each applicant will need to meet in order to be considered for the funding.
Eligibility criteria for the Generation UK funding:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or postgraduate student at a UK university, or have graduated from one within the past two years
- Be a UK or EU passport holder
- Have achieved, or be on track to achieve, a 2:1 degree
- Meet our student finance eligibility criteria – https://pagodaprojects.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Generation-UK-China-Internship-Finance-Eligibility-201819.pdf
- Not be in receipt of any other Generation UK funding
- Not previously undertaken a Generation UK internship, or taken part in a Generation UK scholarship programme
If you are accepted for Generation UK funding, you will be able to:
- Complete an 8 week online skills programme.
- Be paired with a cultural mentor from China and provided the platform to discuss interesting topics selected by Pagoda.
- Gain access to our weekly live virtual events all themed on improving skills, cultural understanding, and interesting insight into a variety of industries.
- Complete the digitally delivered Pagoda Skills Courses focusing on improving your employability, cultural fluency and digital skills, to prepare you for the post-pandemic, remote working world!
- Become part of the global network of students and graduates completing various Pagoda programs from around the world.
- Dedicated check-in service and staff on-hand at the touch of a button through the Pagoda Projects APP to assist you throughout the programme.
- Enjoy all the benefits of being a Pagoda Alumni member with dedicated Linkedin / Facebook groups & know about Pagoda Job opportunities first!
If you’re awarded a place on the programme, you will be required to provide a £50 deposit that’s fully refundable at the end of your programme.
Not at all, most of our participants do not have any Chinese skills and have a great time. A very high proportion of our host companies are Western, and the working language is English.
- Monday 6th March 2023 – Friday 31st March 2023
The exact number of working hours each week will differ slightly between the weeks as we can be flexible to help with your schedule.
Due to an extensive event calendar being organised and along with the cultural mentor aspect of the programme, the programme dates are fixed.
Get in touch if you have any questions relating to the dates of the programme.
Don’t worry, you’ll have around 7-10 days after the deadline to submit all the documents to confirm you’re eligible for the funding and for us to progress with your application.
Yes, very important. This is one of the major parts of the application and something the British Council will carefully read through when considering your application. Please ensure you’ve met the word count for each section (250 minimum), there isn’t any grammatical mistakes and you’ve been able to express your desire in taking part in the programme.
- Submit your application through the website here.
- Provide all your eligibility documents to confirm you’re able to be considered for the funding.
- Complete a video or telephone interview with one of the Pagoda team.
- If the Pagoda team feels you’re a suitable candidate for funding, we’ll submit your application to the British Council for final approval.
- The British Council will then look over your motivational statements you submitted on your online application, the notes from the video/telephone interview and your eligibility documents. Once the British Council team have made their decision, they’ll send an email to confirm the outcome of your application.
- If successful, Pagoda will then take over the application process again and look to finalise your programme details as soon as possible.
- We’ll send you a booking form to confirm the terms & conditions of the programme and ask you to send the £50 programme deposit to the Pagoda bank account.
- Once you’ve signed the booking form and Pagoda have confirmed the deposit has reached the bank account, you’ll be ready to start the programme!
- You will be introduced to one of Pagoda’s Delivery team member who will be supporting you through the programme.
We’ll review applications on a first come first serve basis and all eligible applicants will receive confirmation of funding before the 3rd of March 2023.
The purpose of the deposit is primarily to secure the participant’s place on the programme and secondarily to demonstrate the participant’s commitment to key programme requirements. More information on the key programme requirements can be found in the Booking Form you’ll be required to sign to confirm your place on our programme, or in our Deposit Policy.
Your deposit will be sent to the British Council to cover a small amount of the time and resources spent on your application.
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis from students and graduates from universities in Scotland.
For any other questions related to Generation UK funded programmes or the application process, please contact us by email or by phone.
Ready to apply now? Submit your application here.
To register your interest in our Generation UK programmes and to receive more information on how to apply, please complete the form below: