Join Pagoda Projects
OUR AMBITIOUS, PROFESSIONAL & FRIENDLY TEAM
Pagoda Projects is an award-winning organisation in the International Higher Education sector, providing internship programmes to universities and government-funded organisations. We have placed over 3000 students and recent graduates from countries all over the world in China, Vietnam & Mexico since 2007. We are an ethical, transparent and student-focused organisation, with a well-established and enthusiastic team. We aim to do things differently in our sector, with off-the-beaten-track destinations, unbeatable value, unrivaled support on place and a ‘quality over quantity’ approach. We are always looking for motivated people with relevant experience to join our teams in our 8 international offices for both short and long term positions.
Before you apply for a role with us, please make sure you’ve taken a look at our mission & values.
OUR CURRENT OPPORTUNTIES
Application deadline: Wednesday 2nd December (23.00 GMT).
- Quickly develop knowledge of our digital programmes by engaging with our team and interacting with participants on our app.
- Identify, approach and follow up with staff members at UK universities, focussed on but not limited to members of careers, languages, study abroad and exchange teams.
- Introduce Pagoda’s digital programmes, clearly outlining the benefits to participants and the institution.
- Build excellent rapport with university partners and communicate Pagoda’s values.
- Performing all necessary administration and regularly update the project team.
- You must identify with our values.
- Experience of interacting with UK university staff either through extra-curricular activity as a student or in a professional capacity.
- Previous experience in business development or a passion for sales in the education sector.
- Strong understanding of the UK higher education system and international education initiatives.
- Native-level English.
- Enthusiastic and sociable.
- Proactive and able to use initiative.
- Adaptable, resilient and positive “can do” attitude.
- Able to work independently.
- Fixed-term 3-month role with immediate start.
- Ideally based in the UK or Europe, working remotely.
- Salary: £18,000 annual salary, pro-rata for 3 months.
- Potential to extend the role depending on the success of the project.
- Join a growing team across 3 Continents and 8 Locations.
- Annual Leave: 5 days paid holiday (plus UK bank holidays).
General responsibilities and role assumptions:
The role of a remote intern in our company will give you a close insight of our leading remote internship programme, assisting with the planning of ongoing employability sessions and internships programmes in collaboration with our several destinations around the world!
The remote summer internship role we’re recruiting for are full-time positions, Monday-Friday each week and focused on supporting the team as Pagoda Projects deliver a remote internship programme for our university and government partners!
We are a relatively small and family-run business, so you will be welcomed as part of the family and able to enjoy a friendly working atmosphere. The internships we offer have variety of duties, but each role is tailored to every candidate and their skills.
We have 5 main areas of the internship that we’ll ask you throughout the application process of what you’re interested in. These are: sales, business development, marketing, events management, and design. A summary of the duties can be found in the internship description below.
- Participant data management and general administration tasks.
- Editing, Photoshop design for a multitude of different purposes with in-house training available.
- Create press releases and articles, then aim to get them published for press exposure
- Assisting our online marketing team by posting internship positions on relevant job boards and university careers pages.
- Blog writing, posting on social networks and contributing to relevant online forums.
- Email newsletter creation using Mailchimp and photoshop.
- Assist with the coordination of our alumni network, gather feedback, and create relevant statistics for marketing purposes.
- Assisting with general administration, answering participant questions, and working through on-going group projects and scholarship schemes.
- Business development research projects for our different branches.
- Student or recent graduate
- Fluent in English. Another European language would be a plus but not a must.
- Students on business, language or Chinese/Spanish/Vietnamese Studies related degree programs are preferred, but applicants with any degree program will be considered.
- Tech savvy. Able to use office software effectively.
- Familiar with all main social networking sites.
- Hard-working and committed.
- Enthusiastic about travel and discovering new cultures.
- A remote full-time internship.
- Support from the Pagoda Projects team throughout the internship.
- Your on-boarding training.
- Access to your own personalised management account for your remote internship.