Join Pagoda Projects
OUR AMBITIOUS, PROFESSIONAL & FRIENDLY TEAM
Pagoda Projects is an award-winning organisation in the International Higher Education sector, providing internship programmes to universities and government-funded organisations. You’ll find our current career opportunities below – we are now, hiring remotely across the world to diversify our team and bring in more talent to our team. Our culture is all about the growth mindset and if you think you’d like to join an enthusiastic, collaborative team with our team of committed individuals across the world – we need you!
We have placed over 4000 students and recent graduates from countries all over the world in China, Vietnam & Mexico since 2007. We are an ethical, transparent and student-focused organisation, with a well-established and enthusiastic team. We aim to do things differently in our sector, with off-the-beaten-track destinations, unbeatable value, unrivaled support on place and a ‘quality over quantity’ approach. We are always looking for motivated people with relevant experience to join our teams in our 8 international offices for both short and long term positions.
Before you apply for a role with us, please make sure you’ve taken a look at our mission & values.
OUR CURRENT OPPORTUNTIES
Introduction to the role
This role is for a September 2023 start and you must be based in the UK.
Our ideal marketing manager will have a clear understanding of how Pagoda works and a vision for engaging 3 different audiences:
Customers: Universities who fund our internship and global experience programmes.
Students: Students at our partner universities, who we want to take part in our programmes.
Companies: Businesses around the world who host our interns and hire our alumni.
We need someone dynamic, who can take on a full workload and give clear direction within a small team.
You’ll receive weekly guidance from experienced Partnerships Directors and from our Director of Academic Strategy. You will work within our Partnerships team alongside a full-time marketing copywriter and a Creative & Digital Director.
If you are based in Manchester, you can share unlimited breakfast, hot drinks, snacks and regular social events at our office. You can also mix office time with working from home.
We are a growing international business in the higher education sector. Find out more at https://pagodaprojects.com/mission.
- Establish effective email and content marketing to our key audience of senior leadership at universities in our key markets (UK, Australasia, Asia-Pacific and North America).
- Create a marketing plan with support from our Partnerships team.
- Plan and execute digital marketing campaigns in relation to our 3 audiences.
- Produce organic social media content, ensuring that all materials are in line with our brand identity.
- Work with our Creative & Digital Director to deliver amazing digital content and ensure it reaches the right audiences.
- Line-managing 1-2 junior staff members.
- Create web content and landing pages.
- Manage a budget for paid social media campaigns.
- Deliver targeted ad campaigns on social media channels.
- Create and deliver an effective email marketing strategy.
- Monitor leads and work with the admissions and partnerships teams to track conversion.
- Use analytics to carefully monitor and optimize the impact of digital marketing campaigns.
- Coordinate the Pagoda Projects ambassador network.
- Attend occasional student-facing marketing events across the UK, such as careers fairs, presentations & panel discussions.
- Available from September 2023.
- A graduate from a UK university.
- Experience working in the Higher Education sector.
- Leadership experience in a marketing capacity.
- Proven track record working in digital marketing.
- Experience planning and executing digital marketing campaigns, particularly with paid Facebook/Instagram, organic LinkedIn and email campaigns.
- Demonstrable global mindset and interest in other cultures.
- Natural ability to balance professionalism and familiarity.
- Experience of an overseas programme during your university studies would be beneficial.
- Strong understanding of SEO.
- Experience using WordPress.
- £35,000-£40,000 annual salary, negotiable based on skills and experience.
- Company profit-share scheme.
- 25 days paid holiday + national holidays.
- 10% Time – use 10% of your working time to do anything you like that helps you stay happy and productive.
- 3-4 annual ‘Pagoda Holidays’ where the whole company downs tools on the same day.
- Location: UK-based. Can be office-based in Manchester (UK), remote with regular visits to Manchester or hybrid of wfh/office.
- Working from home equipment / hot desk in a co-working space if needed.
- Onboarding, personalised mentoring and, a 24/7 wellness check-in form.
- Company-wide insights and weekly online meetings and training sessions.
- Encouraged career progression within Pagoda.
- Annual team get-together in one of our global destinations.
- Access to your own personalised management account for your role.
Pagoda Projects as an organisation has always been motivated to promote intercultural understanding, create equal opportunities and widen participation. Our mission to build the most inclusive global work experience programme does not stop at our programme participants but extends to our workplace culture. We strive to attract and foster a diverse group of individuals to grow the most talented team Pagoda have to offer. Accordingly, Pagoda welcomes applicants regardless of their race, colour, religion, age, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status or any other dimensions of diversity. All employment-related decisions will be based on an individual’s performance and business needs.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to assist with student support and the delivery of our online internship programme. The participants will be students and recent graduates from around the world who are undertaking global internships with Pagoda’s host companies.
Do you have what it takes to support the participants to gain the most from their internship, whilst facilitating professional communications with the internship host companies based around the world?
Assisting with the online delivery of the Internship Programme will include the following assignments:
- Onboard participants – Ensuring all onboarding is complete, their time on the programme is enjoyable and that off-boarding is clearly organised and communicated.
- Focus on ensuring that wrap-around products (such as courses, events, and cultural mentors) are running smoothly and flag any issues facing the delivery of a programme to the respective leads.
- Regularly post updates in English on the Pagoda Portal and communicate with participants via the portal whenever possible (as well as over email where necessary).
- Follow up regularly to provide updates on issues, proactively trying to solve them whenever possible. Mediate between the Host Company and the Participant to encourage effective communication where needed during the internship.
- Respond proactively and sensitively to all check-ins received from the participants and escalate as required internally via the “Extra Support” process.
- Put participants’ well-being first – ensure that any issues are effectively flagged to first the Head of Engagement and escalated to the Leadership Team as required.
- Embody Pagoda Values – Ensure a fantastic participant experience; with a focus on cultural exchange, career competency gains and development and personal development.
- Participant data management and general administration tasks.
- Ensure all application booking documentation is up-to-date, compliant, and comprehensive.
- Ensure applicant and participant data is managed effectively and in line with GDPR.
- Respond to all emails within 48 hours and thoroughly document all telephone conversations.
- Report progress to the Head of Engagement regularly and attend team huddles.
- Assist in creating agendas, giving input to discussions, and making suggestions for overall improvements across the programme.
Details of the Offer
- Monthly Rate (subject to negotiation):
Thailand: between 15,950 TBH – 16,250 TBH
Vietnam: between 10,700,000 VND – 10,850,000 VND
(based on 20hrs per week)
- Assignment Duration: 4 months
- Location: Vietnam or Thailand (time zone preference)
- Remote work (i.e. home office)
- Flexible Schedule: The Pagoda team is spread across the world. You’ll be closely working with our Online Delivery team. Ideal working hours would be 3PM-7PM GMT+7 for best communication with participants the the team (20 hours/week).
- Training, Expenses & Support offered:
- Basic systems and programme training provided
- Onboarding, mentoring and wellness check-in form
- Company-wide insights and weekly online meetings and training sessions
- A supportive and multicultural environment
- Programme delivery-related expenses paid (if approved in advance)
- Application window: 20th April to 28th April
- Interviews: from 28th April to 5th May
- Informed of the decision by: 10th May
- Ideal start date: 15th May
Pagoda Projects as an organisation has always been motivated to promote intercultural understanding, create equal opportunities and widen participation. Our mission to build the most inclusive global work experience programme does not stop at our programme participants but extends to our workplace culture. We strive to attract and foster a diverse group of individuals to grow the most talented team Pagoda have to offer. Accordingly, Pagoda welcomes applicants regardless of their race, colour, religion, age, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, or other dimensions of diversity. All employment-related decisions will be based on an individual’s performance and business needs.