Join Pagoda Projects
OUR AMBITIOUS, PROFESSIONAL & FRIENDLY TEAM
Pagoda Projects is an award-winning organisation in the International Higher Education sector, providing internship programmes to universities and government-funded organisations. You’ll find our current career opportunities below – we are now, hiring remotely across the world to diversify our team and bring in more talent to our team. Our culture is all about the growth mindset and if you think you’d like to join an enthusiastic, collaborative team with our team of committed individuals across the world – we need you!
We have placed over 4000 students and recent graduates from countries all over the world in China, Vietnam & Mexico since 2007. We are an ethical, transparent and student-focused organisation, with a well-established and enthusiastic team. We aim to do things differently in our sector, with off-the-beaten-track destinations, unbeatable value, unrivaled support on place and a ‘quality over quantity’ approach. We are always looking for motivated people with relevant experience to join our teams in our 8 international offices for both short and long term positions.
Before you apply for a role with us, please make sure you’ve taken a look at our mission & values.
OUR CURRENT OPPORTUNTIES
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an approachable person to both assist and lead in delivering our carbon-conscious, sustainable programmes for our UK university students in Europe.
We are a growing international business in the higher education sector. Find out more at https://pagodaprojects.com/mission.
Embody Pagoda Values
- Ensure a fantastic participant experience; with a focus on professional and personal development, climate education and cultural exchange
- Be Global & Local – Bring your unique experiences, culture, and knowledge to the role, and share it with the Pagoda team and our participants. We are encouraging everyone to engage in a global growth mindset to abide by company SOPs and company values
- Mentor the wider team on your local culture, things to do, hidden gems, and cultural considerations. We want to learn from you!
Coordinate & Deliver Programmes
- Assist, lead and oversee the successful planning and delivery of our programmes activities, both online and on location
- Build programme itineraries, manage bookings and reservations, and liaise with suppliers
- Conduct company outreach and support business growth and development
- Virtual Training Delivery – Attend a professional training course to learn how to successfully facilitate virtual Carbon Literacy Training sessions to our programme participants
- Ensure the implementation of our policies and practices
- Maintain budget and track expenditures/transactions
Manage Participant Expectations
- Manage participant expectations whilst ensuring that an inclusive, safe and enjoyable programme is experienced by all
- Provide guidance and support to all participants before, after and during programme delivery
- Be prepared to respond to emergencies and deal with ad-hoc issues
- Put participants’ wellbeing first – Ensure any issues are effectively flagged to your line manager, and escalated to the leadership team as required
- Maintain clear communication and manage expectations with the Pagoda team, programme participants, and other stakeholders
- Keep updated records and create reports or proposals
- Regularly report back to your line manager
- Follow up on all issues which require your significant attention and ensure to escalate it further for support and feedback
- Provide administrative support to the team
- Help build positive relations within the team and external parties
- Ensure technology is used correctly for all operations (video conferencing, presentations etc.)
Work With The Team
- Fully support all Pagoda members to ensure we all work as a team to deliver excellent programmes at a scale that exceeds the expectations of our partners
- Provide input and suggestions to team meetings and monthly team huddles – these are arranged centrally and your attendance will be encouraged
- BA or BSc with a 2:1 degree or better
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English (French or another European language is considered an asset)
- Must be based in Brussels OR based in Amsterdam
- Proven interest in climate change and sustainability
- Prior experience in coordinating events and groups of people
- Demonstrable time-management and organizational skills
- Global mindset and interest in other cultures
- Natural ability to balance professionalism and familiarity
- Academic experience in sustainability is considered an asset
- Probation period will apply (6 months)
- Contract length: full-time contract (from March 2023)
- €28,000 – €30,600 full-time annual salary (negotiable based on skills and experience)
- 23 days paid holiday + national holidays
- Location: Primarily based in Brussels or Amsterdam. Can work from home or hybrid work from home & office.
- Working from home equipment / hot desk in a co-working space if needed.
- 3-4 annual ‘Pagoda Holidays’ where the whole company downs tools on the same day
- Carbon Literacy Qualification
- Onboarding, personalised mentoring and, a 24/7 wellness check-in form
- Company-wide insights and weekly online meetings and training sessions
- Encouraged career progression within Pagoda
- Annual team get-together in one of our global destinations
- Access to your own personalised management account for your role
- A supportive and multicultural environment
- Company profit-share scheme
- Application window: 20th February to 27th February
- Interviews: from 27th March to 3rd March
- Informed of the decision by: 6th March
- Ideal start date: 10th March
Pagoda Projects as an organisation has always been motivated to promote intercultural understanding, create equal opportunities and widen participation. Our mission to build the most inclusive global work experience programme does not stop at our programme participants but extends to our workplace culture. We strive to attract and foster a diverse group of individuals to grow the most talented team Pagoda have to offer. Accordingly, Pagoda welcomes applicants regardless of their race, colour, religion, age, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status or any other dimensions of diversity. All employment-related decisions will be based on an individual’s performance and business needs.