Internship Code: KSIT01
Want to make an impact in the world? This company does too! Seriously, they are doing something here that has the potential to save our planet by driving behavioural change across society and changing the global consciousness away from plastic.
Founded in 2018, this little eco-friendly Canadian start-up specializes in designing luxury bamboo sunglasses, toothbrushes, stainless steel water bottles and more; meanwhile establishing and promoting several eco-friendly initiatives.
The company began with a simple desire: to prove that people didn’t need to compromise to go green – that bamboo products can be better, healthier and more fun to use than plastic ones.
The company was founded with a rebellious spirit – and a maple heart to show the world that the faster we stop relying on plastic and move towards a biodegradable bamboo future, the better. They are a community of everyday people who are passionate about protecting and preserving Taiwan’s, and the world’s, oceans, waves and beaches.
Web Developer Internship
This company needs someone who is passionate about making a real impact while having an interest in website design. You’ll be helping to pave the runway for this potentially world-changing venture and getting a ton of e-commerce and start-up experience. The company needs a brand new website to grow into a self-sustaining global movement. This is where you come in!
This company’s Web Developer Interns are highly motivated, passionate team players on the path to becoming great web or app developers.
- Understanding the overall concept of the company, including the brand, customer, product goals, and local Taiwan eco-friendly initiatives
- Assisting in overhauling and redesigning the company e-commerce website for increased sales and brand engagement, while increasing site speed
- Optimizing SEO in order to increase click-through rate; working with the team to implement Google ads campaign
- Working with the translation team to ensure accurate translation of the website into Mandarin Chinese and other popular languages
- Optimizing site for mobile devices; implementing pop-ups to capture more customer email addresses
- Researching on Google and YouTube the latest and greatest website sales techniques and tools
Activities are not limited to the above, and candidates are encouraged to discuss further their own abilities and interests in an interview to identify synergies.
Successful candidates will have an opportunity to take on meaningful responsibility and gain broad exposure to the eco-friendly startups’ ecosystem.
Become an intern with this company and help spread the word about their bamboo products and eco-friendly initiatives in Taiwan and around the world.
- Basic knowledge of search engine optimization; knowledge of Elegant Themes Divi for WordPress is a plus
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
- Graphic design background or skills are an assetA natural interest in staying abreast of cultural trends and emerging consumer behaviors
- Innate creative talent and strong design and typography sense with a keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Able to craft and execute a vision with creativity and style; a creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration
- International background and ability to speak other languages (especially Mandarin Chinese) is a plus
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web design technologies and techniques
- Interested in eco-friendly impact startups, especially companies using biodegradable materials in their products to replace plastic ones to solve problems like ocean plastic pollution
- Passionate about making an impact in our world
- Self-driven: you’ll receive plenty of guidance, but they want to see you run with things; taking control and developing your role and projects
- A fertile imagination and disregard for the impossible; an ability to get things done while having some fun too!