Internship Reference: CDIT45
This company is a Social Enterprise to benefit those affected by disasters, illness or poverty, and minority people living in remote areas. It has a craft, gift and coffee shop to sell hand made products from these people in order to expand their market and bring their skills and their needs before a larger section of the community.
A large percentage of profits go towards community development projects and to benefit those with particular needs. The organisation practice under fair trade principles to ensure craftsmen get fair reward for their skills and time.
The Social Enterprise also train to improve those skills, promote innovation and preserve cultural and artistic talents particularly as they are expressed by these more disadvantaged people. Selling their handcrafts helps these people maintain a basic standard of living, provides basic needs for them and their families, and in turn, keeps them from begging on the streets.
Web Designer and Marketing Assistant
- Website design and layouts
- Maintain and improve website
- Develop web presence for increased publicity
- Develop marketing strategy and content
- Make a difference to the lives of others and support a grass roots Social Enterprise at a critical stage of development
- Degree in Web Design, Arts, Special Education or Marketing are preferred
- Experience in working with NGO or charity organisations
- Fluent English (written & spoken)
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Able to multitask and to adapt
- An interest in working for a charity / NGO and have a heart for helping people in need