Position Code: MANDE03
This business consultancy company works with other companies to promote sustainability & social responsibility.
Role: Video editor and design internship
We are looking for a bright, friendly, proactive person to join our start-up business as a video editor and design intern.
This role will involve creating and editing a range of videos from conceptualization to post-production across a range of sustainability and CSR topics.
The role also involves supporting the creation of social media campaigns, including designing banners, basic motion graphics animation, editing videos.
Our objective is to build & create our brand as recognisable on all social media, email etc and to ensure we have a good level of consistency throughout the whole of our delivery & design of content.
This role would suit someone who has a huge passion for graphics, video, social media content marketing and looking for experience in Sustainability and CSR.
Conducting regular research across Sustainability and CSR is vital, as this will help develop content related to Sustainability and CSR.
This is a remote working role.
Responsibilities & Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with video production and create video content for social media/website
- Process raw footage and select key clips to promote the videos
- Edit video projects
- Assemble video posts ready to be published on social media channels and company website
- Create visual content and liaise with other team members
- Create storyboards where appropriate to create well-paced edits that tell a clear story
- Use effects and plug-ins to add creative flare to your edits, appropriate to a B2B audience
- Produce videos efficiently employing a variety of elements, including video assets, photo assets, logos, typography, animations, etc
- Think Social-First and have the creativity to multiply content 5x that will be posted across a variety of Social Media platforms (Youtube, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc)
- Source archival content, stock video, imagery, music, voice over and sound effects – royalty free.
- Audio editing and basic sound design
- Create and edit photography and Images for social media channels/email/conference
- Attend briefing meetings and ensure you have a good understanding of the tasks at hand
- Prepare materials based on agreed briefs
- Contribute to upcoming and ongoing projects with ways to improve the video output
- Experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions if needed
- Export finalised video files that are ready for Youtube/website
- Help to manage YouTube channel (with Social Media Intern), as well as video content across our social media channels.
- Communicate with COO to ensure projects are on track
- Review final layouts and suggest improvements if required
- Incorporate team feedback gracefully into your work
- Ensure all communications are on-brand. Ability to apply and enforce style/brand guidelines.
- Maintaining archives and databases
- Develop concepts – content, graphics, videos, and layouts for the company LinkedIn/YouTube / Twitter/ Instagram & Facebook + other channels (eMail/Conference etc)
- Research, conceptualize and produce videos on a wide range of sustainability and CSR related topics.
- Awareness of what competitors are doing in video/imagery and stay one step ahead
- Look at the scheduled conference and preplan eye-catching future content to promote our up-and-coming events & conferences.
What are we looking for?
Key Skills, Requirements
- Excellent time management skills
o Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with 1-3 day turnaround time on finished pieces,
- You will be a self-starter with a positive, proactive and ‘can do’ attitude.
o Each day is different – when new challenges arise, you will have the ability to tackle them head-on and seek the best solutions for the business
o Proactive attitude and excellent problem-solving skills
o Happy to make suggestions and able to implement feedback with ease and in a timely manner
- Professional approach and attitude. You must feel confident communicating in a professional and approachable manner on a daily basis
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Exceptional creativity and innovation
- Accuracy and razor-sharp attention to detail
- Great team member
o A cooperative team player, able to work closely with the team
o Incorporate team feedback gracefully into your work
o Experience working in a remote team
- Excellent data management and archiving ability
o Experience in finding and collecting relevant archival footage and other material to be incorporated into edits,
- You will have enthusiasm for film and other video production and editing, together with the technical skills
- Excellent design, photo-editing, and video-editing skills
o Experience with video editing software.
o Experience with video production is essential.
o Excellent post production skills and a passion for visual storytelling.
o Experienced in producing polished, professional video edits and motion graphics work, carried from concept to completion, largely independently
o High efficiency in graphics/design/editing tools
o A strong knowledge of layout, graphic design
o Excellent Canva skills
- Must have own video editing software
- The candidate must be fluent in English.
Good to have
- An interest in sustainability and CSR
- Experience of studio shoots
- An active interest in filming
- Experience in the pre-production process
- Great taste in royalty free music
The role would suit someone with knowledge of and an interest in sustainability and CSR, and an interest in events production and live streaming.
The ideal candidate would also know how to engage with a B2B audience.
This role will give you the chance to work on a variety of rich content. The main responsibility will be working on video to deliver content that engages with our Youtube and social media audiences.
If you have experience in filming, there may also be the potential to develop those skills, although that’s non-essential for this role.