Internship Code: MXBS49
The company is a Mexican registered charity founded by a group of British and Mexican residents two days after the earthquake that devastated Mexico City in September 1985, with the aim of supporting projects in education and health care.
For more than 30 years, this foundation has received the support of people from all walks of life and diverse nationalities, all committed to helping communities of greatest need in Mexico.
This NGO helps improve the quality of educational services offered by public schools in primary, secondary and high-school levels across Mexico, rebuilding and improving infrastructure, donating equipment and also training teachers. They only donate assets, never money.
They help improve the quality of health services offered by institutions to needy communities in Mexico City and the state of Guerrero, rebuilding and improving infrastructure and donating equipment and medicines.
The foundation responds to natural disasters across Mexico during the reconstruction phase.
They also advise, implement and enhance Social Responsibility projects for companies who have commercial activity in Mexico and who are committed to assisting their communities.
Social Media Marketing, Event Organisation and Fundraising Internship
- Social Media: update and create new social media channels with the aim of reaching out to a broader and younger audience.
- Work on reports and create content to show that our projects are having a real impact.
- Stay up-to-date and informed on emerging marketing platforms and trending insights and offer recommendations for improving marketing & fundraising strategy.
- Organise virtual events to raise money.
- Provide customer support to event attendees, including event registration and related admin.
- Translate and present information about legal side of the charity into English, to help with press releases for fundraising and PR purposes.
- Reaching out to potential funding sources such as British business to discuss their CSR/ESG policies that might apply to our projects.
- Good communication, collaboration and customer service skills.
- Innovative and possess event coordination skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills: a good level of Spanish would be useful for certain projects such as translation – but is not a strict requirement.