Position Code: SGNGO19
This foundation was established in 2007 as a US-registered not-for-profit, tax-deductible organization, and licensed as an international NGO in Vietnam. The Foundation’s strength is its ability to implement development and humanitarian projects in Vietnam in a completely transparent manner. Their main programme focuses on funding life-saving heart operations for the most financially disadvantaged children in the country.
The CEO of the related corporate body supported the founding of the organisation rather than establishing a corporate foundation to advance and encourage philanthropy in Vietnam and model best practices for NGOs. The Foundation is a separate not-for-profit organisation that draws on the corporate group’s expertise while remaining free and independent to direct and implement its own development projects that address children’s social, economic, and environmental issues.
Their vision is a Vietnam where all children, regardless of health complications or a lack of access to education, can take advantage of the numerous opportunities available so that they may contribute to society and accomplish their dreams. They are committed to helping those who cannot help themselves, so that they may someday stand on their own feet and take advantage of all the opportunities provided by Vietnam’s bright future.
Possible tasks and projects include:
- Participate in proposing and contributing ideas and opinions on fundraising planning for the program activities. The beneficiaries will be ethnic minority girls (EMG) in the field of education for EMG’s brighter future.
- Planning for an action plan with our partner and comments on that.
- Writes and/or assists with translation or editing in writing proposals for the program
- Tracking and following the status of EMG students case by case and catching case studies in the database.
- Assist and implement program-related events.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Program.
N.B. tasks and projects may vary depending on current priorities. Specific projects and responsibilities will be discussed during an interview.
The intern will be required to do some general reading about sustainable development and some more specific reading depending on the intern’s interests. This does not include the intern’s reading, writing and/or research requirements that might be required for their specific project.
Don’t exactly match these requirements? If you have the enthusiasm and want to learn – then speak to Pagoda about this position and we’ll see what is possible!