Position Code: SGNGO17
This NGO’s mission is to support the sustainable development of Vietnamese communities and the enrichment of their cultural heritage.
This NGO has 20+ years of experience in empowering women and youth. They empower women and youth through improving life skills, raising self-awareness, bringing new knowledge and opening opportunities and support networks. Their Education portfolio empowers disadvantaged youth to access education and increase economic opportunities. TheirModern Slavery Prevention portfolio invests comprehensively in at-risk youths to prevent trafficking and in survivors to help them build new lives.
Role: English Resource Intern
Possible tasks and projects include:
The English Resource Intern will work closely with staff to strengthen the capacity of the organization through:
- Developing the team’s and program recipient’s English language ability
- Supporting in building resources for English learning.
- Organizing and assisting English projects and clubs within different programs in the organization.
- Program and English resources for the organization
a. Contribute to the team’s program activities in the field
b. Teach practical English to staff that will be helpful in report writing and basic computer skills
c. Assist with training and implementation of organisational processes (such as review implementation of confidentiality/privacy issues)
d. Write and edit reports
e. Depending on program expertise and interest, the position also engages in providing structure for program operations
- Building and expanding resources for various English educational programs
a. Contribute and organising lesson plans for the English Tutoring Online Program (ETOP)
b. Collect and organize resources for students (tutorial videos, different educational applications and websites for self-study, expand questions bank and study list)
c. Helping staff in delivering orientation materials to new English tutors
- Leading and assisting different English projects within the organization
a. Facilitate Learn English Together (LET) program to support students on how to use resources to study effectively
b. Research on topics and run activities for English Speaking Club (ESC) monthly
c. Coaching beneficiaries with English mock interviews
d. Research for book club models and assist in coming up with an appropriate one for the organization
e. Support the development of Pacific Links Foundation’s online learning platform
N.B. tasks and projects may vary depending on current priorities. Specific projects and responsibilities will be discussed during an interview.
- Experience in video production is desirable
- Technology-oriented: excellent computer skills including MSOffice; proficiency in video-editing
software and video production
- Strong coordination and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Flexible, goal-oriented, demonstrated aptitude for change and learning
- Fluency in Vietnamese preferred
- Ability to multi-task, stay focused, take initiative, and handle pressure
- Ability to prosper in a team environment
- Ability to work during weekends and evenings
- Commitment to the empowerment of women and girls
- Commitment to developing expertise with regard to the issue of human trafficking
- Ethical and accountable; the ability to maintain confidentiality is a MUST
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or currently enrolled in a university
- Women are encouraged to apply
This is a full-time position. Minimum commitment of 3 months.
Don’t exactly match these requirements? If you have the enthusiasm and want to learn – then speak to Pagoda about this position and we’ll see what is possible!