Internship Reference: QDEN10
This host company is a franchise of an international sail making group that has approximately 60 outlets throughout the world. They have been in Qingdao since 2007. The sail making industry is changing and more and more production facilities within the group are choosing or being forced to outsource the manufacturing side of the business. In Qingdao, they build sails to order – a lot of their work is custom-made sails. They currently are exporting about 95% of their production to just about every corner of the world. The last few years they have grown at about 20-25% a year, and they expect this to continue into the future.
Process Management Assistant
- Receiving orders into the CRM and production management system
- Scheduling orders to best suit production and delivery requirements
- Collection of information and data (designs and details) required for each individual order to ensure the orders reach production on time and complete
- Communication of missing information to designers and customers
- Stock management. Developing the most cost effective ways of importing taking into account total stock values, freight and bonds that are needed to be paid (for tax and duty free imports) Increasing stock turns per years and reducing old stock first.
- Production process management
- Recording production information, including real production costs, product weights for shipping, and then using this data to measure performance and assist in future growth.
- Educational background in Engineering or Business Managament
- Understanding of CAD programs and/or CNC machining would be a big advantage here
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Keen eye for detail
- Easy-going, yet motivated personality required for success in this company
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrable interest in sailing a big advantage!