Internship Code: TPNGO04
This is a platform for foreign policy professionals to connect, share their work, and think ‘outside the tank’ together. With content discovery tools, mentoring programs, online courses, and virtual summit hosting, this NGO is working with think tanks around the world to bring the global policy community closer together.
It’s tough to find the time to build a strong online presence on top of all the policy research academics have got to do. They don’t get enough regular opportunities to interact with other like-minded experts outside of their own think tanks, respective field, and paradigms. It’s also hard to get articles seen by the right people and make waves in their own particular policy area.
The international policy community needs a non-partisan space to share their ideas, find new partners to collaborate with, and pick up new ‘policy hacks’ from each other. They need a place to be with other policy people. That is why this organization exists.
Policy Podcast Assistant Internship
- In this role, the intern will assist with the production of the popular Policy-focused Podcast in both editing and summarizing the audio content
- Main tasks involve editing 2 one-hour long episodes each week and preparing them for publication by writing show notes and adding advertiser messaging, etc.
- Depending on performance, there may be the opportunity for the intern to also interface with guest experts and assist in the outreach to think tanks
- Though this is an unpaid position, the intern will receive full credits for their work and have their social media profile featured within their weekly newsletter which circulates among their audience of 6,000 policy professionals from around the globe
- The ideal candidate is someone with a background in media production (preferably podcasting, but video or radio will suffice)
- Has a keen interest in politics and world affairs
- Essential Experience: Use of Audacity software or similar editing software
- Desired duration: 2 – 3 months