Position Code: SGED04
This school offers students the chance to learn Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese and a number of Chinese dialects online or in person. Launched in 2007, they originally specialised in immersive Mandarin courses in China, offering long-term Chinese language courses and short term Chinese classes in both small groups and individually.
In 2020 they launched their revolutionary Flexi Classes, allowing students to do something they never have before, study in small group classes 24/7, from anywhere in the world. This proved to be a huge success and because of that they’ve ventured into other languages we are passionate about, such as Japanese and Korean. Their bread and butter though is immersion. They strive to immerse students in local culture as they believe this is not only important to the language learning progress but also to the understanding of the language.
Role: Operations Intern
Depending on your interests this role may involve some of the following;
- Support the screening and application process for language teachers for the organisation
- Support with managing and training new teachers
- Supporting with marketing (either content marketing for online blogs or social media content)
- Support the Online Teach Material team in creating, planning, updating and proofreading teaching materials
- Engage with learners on the forum
- Interest in languages, culture and education
- Proactive with good communication skills
- A great team player
- A Native speaker of English, German, French, Spanish, Mandarin, Japanese or Korean (beneficial)