Internship Reference: SGNGO05
This children’s foundation is dedicated to serving vulnerable children in Vietnam and Mongolia who are in need of medical care, nutritional rehabilitation, educational opportunities, vocational training and job placement, who would otherwise be at high risk of sexual and commercial exploitation.
The charity also empowers impoverished communities with sustainable futures through the building and equipping of education and medical facilities and the provision of micro-finance loans and water sanitation through our community development programmes.
The Foundation seeks to maximize the potential of each child. This is accomplished within the context of the family and the community whenever possible and always with love and respect for the dignity of each child as an individual.
The Irish founder, who herself as a child lived in deep poverty in UK, arrived in Vietnam in 1989, when she began her work with the destitute street children of Ho Chi Minh City and eventually established her NGO in 1991. 164 projects have been established during the past 28 years providing vital health services, education opportunities, and community support programmes to thousands of vulnerable children and their families annually.
In 1997, the foundation extended its work into Mongolia after an investigative visit to Ulaanbaatar where the founder was shocked to discover thousands of sick and destitute street children living in horrendous conditions beneath the city streets in manholes struggling to survive against the harsh winter temperatures which can reach as low as minus 40 degrees.
Marketing & Events Assistant
● Leading content creation for marketing platforms including social media, newsletters etc.
● Working on content for the foundation for not only Vietnam but also Mongolia, and internationally
● You will be responsible for elevating their social media impact in terms of more clicks, likes, impressions etc. You will be expected to analyse what content is most effective in creating engagement and take advantage of this
● Raise awareness of the foundation amongst visitors to Vietnam, potential fundraising partners and amongst the wider community
● Photographing and videoing work at the foundation and developing this into effective material
● Supporting with events, and building content from them, if upcoming, and contributing own ideas for fundraising
● Passionate about making the difference to people’s lives
● Interest/experience in maximising the effectiveness of social media campaigns
● Capable of working independently and good communication skills
● Proactive and creative
● Experience in photography/video making/design beneficial but not required
● Reliable and mature
● Dynamic and flexible to adapt to last-minute change of plans
● Respect for other cultures and practices
● Easy-going character, cheerful attitude