Internship Reference: MXLA01
This Law Firm works mainly for banks and in the banking sector. They defend banks in court trials and provide them with legal advice.
They also create legal compliance manuals for banks, as well as all kinds of legal agreements, trusts and corporate cases both for banks and other parties.
The Firm also sometimes processes migration documents for foreigners wishing to reside in Mexico.
Banking Legislation Internship with a Mexican Law Firm
An Intern in this role will:
- Each day check the judicial bulletin online
- Report the published cases to the Senior Lawyer
- Attend court with the office’s Mexican interns to hand over the Judge’s agreements (transport will be paid for)
- Help to look through legal texts in the Firm’s legislation
- Assist with filing
- Attend weekly office meetings to go though the legal strategies of the cases which the Firm is working on
Candidates for this internship must:
- Be studying Law, with an interest in learning how law works in other countries
- Be interested about legal bank legislation in Mexico
- Be eager to learn about an alternative judicial system, which is very different from the UK system
- Have good communication skills. If they can speak Spanish it is a bonus, but if not the the team is able to communicate in English
- Have the ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel
- Be available to work Monday to Friday, 08:00am to 14:00pm