Internship Reference: MXBS22
We are a Mexican registered company specializing in the sale and distribution of computer equipment, consumables, stationery, telephone services, fire detection systems, CCTV, telecommunications networks, the maintenance of equipment and manufacture of office and school furniture.
We started operations in February 2007 and are dedicated to providing the best service and attention to all of our customers. Our staff are people committed to their work, who get involved and have been trained to provide quality customer service. We work with a number of brands and suppliers in the market, providing our customers with the highest quality products to meet their specific needs. Our staff have been trained in Australia, New Zealand and Mexico to provide up-to-date customer solutions.
Some of our long-term clients include:
- SEMAR Secretaria de Marina
- CONALEP del Estado de México
- Instituto Politécnico Nacional (National Polytechnic Institute)
- Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social (Social Security Institute of Mexico)
- Hospital General Naval De Alta Especialidad
- INE Instituto Nacional Electoral (National Electoral Institute)
Market Research Internship with a Technology Distribution Company
An intern in this role will undertake local market research to seek out opportunities to engage with new potential markets and seek new clients. You will have the opportunity to present your findings to the rest of the team to help implement realistic objectives within the scope of the designated project time frame.
The project can be structured and developed in consultation with the Company’s management team prior to your arrival in Mexico.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing reports and visual presentations
- Undertaking market research
- Seeking new business opportunities
- Contributing to the company’s business growth plan
- Offering suggestion and solutions to the rest of the team
You may also have the opportunity to accompany the business team at events, client visits and the delivery of equipment for installation. This depends whether the internship time frame coincides with the company’s delivery programme.
Both spoken English and Spanish are important for the purpose of negotiating and gathering information with suppliers and major companies.
Qualifications in Marketing, International Business Administration or E-Commerce would be ideal.
An intern in this role must possess a number of the following skills:
- Ability to work in a team
- Confidence to ask questions
- Good communication
- Confident public speaker
- Confident communicating via telephone
- Flexible and adaptable
- IT literate
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Understanding of the process of research and of market research statistics
- Understanding of social media such as Facebook, LinkedIn
- Understanding of the processes of research and marketing campaigns.
Knowledge of Mailchimp, GoDaddy and Woocommerce would also be beneficial.