Internship Reference: ZHHS01
A modern specialized hospital integrating in early diagnosis, medical treatment, health care, R&D, education, precautionary care and recovery. It has received awards from the World Health Organization and the United Nations Foundation and has been promoted to a class-A hospital.
Mental health assistant for autistic children at a local hospital
The placement will take place in a local hospital’s autism ward under the supervision of qualified professionals providing an opportunity to develop your medical and healthcare knowledge and skills by assisting staff in teaching autistic children basic skills for life. You will provide much needed support and human contact helping to improve the children’s wellbeing and self-esteem.
- Work with Autistic children below the age of 7, teaching them how to complete the essential day to day tasks
- Create events and activities to raise awareness of autism in China.
- Work within a professional, hospital setting.
- Work with staff to raise awareness about mental health issues
- Interns studying Health, Psychology, childcare or other Healthcare related degrees will be considered.
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge and interest in child healthcare
- Confident and willing to work with young children (kindergarten, elementary school)
- Open minded, positive personality
- This internship is for group programs only, they are unable to consider individual applications