Internship Reference: DLEN04
This global enterprise designs, develops and supplies equipment solutions and services for the marine and offshore industries. It is one of the top three largest suppliers in its specialized market segments
The group’s activities primarily involve design, assembly and testing of equipment while, apart from manufacture of certain key components, production is undertaken by a global network of subcontractors.
With a worldwide workforce of around 1100, of which 50 in Dalian, this company has 50 years of experience in the maritime industry. The group has subsidiaries in Belgium, Brazil, China, Finland, Germany, Greece, Italy, Korea, Norway, Poland, Singapore, Sweden, UAE, USA and Vietnam.
It also has a worldwide network of branch offices, service stations and agents and provides after sales services covering the major shipping regions of the world.
The Company, with headquarters in Bergen, Norway, is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
Number of employees: 50
- Get acqainted with and give input on product specifications, system requirements
and system working condition
- Support design process
- Receive technical documentation from customers, documentation management,
clarification of technical matters, technical modification
- Design conversion: detail drawing, create list of parts, implement material requirements and material conversion
- Handle various component groups and conversion or substitution
- Handle paint specification, conversion or substitution
- Handle class requirements, approval drawing, approval letter and ITP
- Implement measures for continuous improvement
- Familiar with design documentation and process
- Active, motivated and efficient working and communication
- Design capability and various technologies
- Organized and structured working and continuous improvement
- Major in (mechanical) engineering
- fluent English is mandatory
- basic Mandarin knowledge is preferred