Position Code: BERBS15
This company believes that few pastimes are as enjoyable as discovering new wines. But the traditional wine industry can be stuffy and intimidating. So they’re sourcing great wines from small, independent winemakers, then using simple language and beautiful design to communicate the taste and style. They’re wrapped up conveniently in cans, so you can enjoy the odd glass on a weekday evening or carry a can in your backpack on a sunset hike.
The company seeks out single-varietal wines that perfectly show off the character of the grape. They only work with small and medium-sized independent winemakers who have a history of making beautiful, high-quality wines. And they specifically look for wines with the acidity and freshness that the company knows works best in a can. Basically, they’ve tasted lots of wines to make sure the ones that make it to your glass are as delicious as they can possibly be.
Wines are generally labelled and named by producer and area. However, if you are unfamiliar with the terminology, it can be hard to know what you’re buying. This company wanted to make it easier to know what you’re getting, by naming the wines according to their style. So if you’re heading to a poolside party with a sunhat and shades, you know it’s a can of Chill that you need! Through their design, they also hope to give you a hint of what the wine will taste like, in a visual language that anybody can understand.
Role: Marketing Intern
The overarching responsibility will be to support summer sales efforts with a focus on promoting the brand through various social media channels. Working with the sales and marketing team and reporting to the CEO. The position is for a remote worker. The company have some flexibility around timings but are looking for 25 hours per week for 8 weeks.
Responsibilities to be finalised but to include:
- Ensuring an agreed level of activity on social media channels to support sales campaigns and promote events.
- Managing and driving increased levels of interactions through social media channels.
- Collaborating with marketing, sales and design teams to help create new and engaging content to increase activity and brand awareness.
- Fluent English language is a requirement.
- Other than that, the only requirement we have is a passion in marketing particularly through social media, but this does not necessarily have to be part of the candidate’s study background.
- An interest in the wine industry would of course be helpful.