Internship Reference: CDNGO16
Located in Chengdu this organisation is an exciting Environmental Research & Culture Exchange NGO, operating not for profit looking to benefit the wider community.
The organisation aims to pay high attention to citizen engagement and social accountability. There are several aspects the company focuses on, including methods and tools boosting citizen participation, participatory evaluation of public policies, participatory budgeting and illicit financial flows.
Marketing & Education Community Coordinator
- Plan and organize cultural activities for international residents in Chengdu looking towards the integration of the foreign community with the local population;
- Interview international residents residing in Chengdu to research how the community can assist their living experience;
- Research, formulate and design questionnaires to be used for obtaining data;
- Help organize the weekly activities in communities;
- Complete translation tasks;
- Assist the whole team on daily tasks;
- Complete other tasks assigned by the supervisor;
- Volunteer as a teacher in pre-school for migrant children or in local communities (during winter and summer vacation);
- Long-term intern can help with other projects, for example, the PB research in Chengdu.
- Passion for public welfare
- Have a desire to actively participate in social services
- Responsible and empathetic
- Outgoing personality
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Design experience and basic Photoshop & drawing skills a plus
- Chinese language skills a plus
**This position is available for a year-long placement. Click here for more info and to apply.