Leading companies trust this organisation to solve their global procurement and strategic sourcing needs. With offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore, Nairobi and Lusaka, their multinational team offers the knowledge clients need to succeed in international sourcing.
Since 2011, they have successfully assisted companies across various industries to leverage China/Asia as a source of capital equipment and industrial consumables.
International Business Strategy and Marketing Internship
The internship has the potential to offer you some of the below aspects, the description is not a definitive outline for what you will have the chance to work on. If you are interested in the position and would like to find out more, please apply for the position and we can aim to introduce you to the organisation to further discuss the internship.
Research & Analysis
- Desk research on various business areas related to the firm’s focus industries. These include, but are not limited to, mining and resources sector as well as the industrial and engineering sector
- Conduct market and sector research on the firm’s target industries including key stakeholders, trends, regulation in order to identify targets for business development initiatives
- Assist with the firm’s social media (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter etc.)
- Research & select relevant topics along with you’re supervisor
- Setup schedule for posts
- Implement/monitor updates to all SM accounts
- Monitor response to posts and report progress to manager including • Current numbers & Incoming prospects
- Document results data and implications for next steps in overall strategy
- Read provided documentation/links in order to outline product value addition for clients
- Monitor response to posts and report progress to manager
Inbound Lead Processing
- Assist to actively maintain a Client Relationship Management (CRM) database
- Assist in engaging prospects who have reacted to earlier marketing campaigns
- Update CRM to reflect next steps as discussed with you’re supervisor
- Assist with processing and ranking of inbound leads as per criteria set out by each manager
Outbound Lead Processing
- Set up engagement targets that are relevant for each week
- Combine CRM/Email engagement
- Monitor status for each prospect
- Assist in ranking and engaging prospects
- Assist in monitoring overall strategy and progress to targets
- Report to you’re supervisor on any gained and lost prospects weekly
- Work with marketing and sales team to maintain assigned portion of CRM flow from marketing, sales and execution while working on existing projects
- Liaise with project manager in China for details regarding ongoing or new transactions and support them as necessary
- Communicate any requirements from China in English so prospects can clarify pending issues
- Attention to detail and fast-learner.
- Able to work under pressure and around the clock
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in teams with colleagues from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal).
Desired Skills & Experience
- Willingness to learn especially in terms of related industries i.e. mining, construction, power etc.
- Work experience in either a start-up company, management or consulting industry or a sales-oriented company is preferred but not required
- Strong customer relationship management ability and/or business development ability