Position Code: SGFN16
This company is founded in Mauritius in April 2013, is an independent management consultancy firm, composed of a multidisciplinary team with representatives based in Africa, Asia-Pacific and Europe.
The firm delivers specialised strategic advisory services in the field of trade and value chain work, investment and public policy, underpinned by research using the latest techniques in quantitative analysis and economic modelling, as well as legal, regulatory and policy assessments. Our firm works closely with the private sector and key international donors, including the EU, DFID, and UN specialised agencies to deliver economic development and trade-related projects.
Market Research and Public Analyst Intern
The host company is looking for a dynamic Research Assistant, with excellent self-initiative to support our team in Vietnam. The Research Assistant will be responsible for the implementation of projects, research activities and business development activities. Additional responsibilities will include office support, project management, and undertaking research work and presentations for and on behalf of the consulting team.
Possible tasks and projects include:
- Research Assistance: Carrying out research activities and preparing presentations, concept notes, and articles on economic development, trade, and investment policies
- Project Management: Carrying out management tasks of projects for monitoring purposes
- Tender management: Contribute to putting together project proposals
- Business Development: Undertaking business development activities to promote the work of the company in Southeast Asia
- Office Support: support with office administrative tasks as assigned
- Other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor
- Reporting to the Managing Director
N.B. tasks and projects may vary depending on current priorities. Specific projects and responsibilities will be discussed during an interview.
- At least a Bachelor level degree, in a field relevant to the work of the firm, including economics, international trade, business administration, law, political science or similar
- Good understanding and strong interest of international affairs related to the consulting areas of the company (trade, investment, analytics, etc.) will be an asset
- Motivated by international development work and contributing to evidence based policy making
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English and fluency in Vietnamese
- Strong computer skills
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills
- Confident working independently with a high degree of self-initiative and self-discipline
Don’t exactly match these requirements? If you have the enthusiasm and want to learn – then speak to Pagoda about this position and we’ll see what is possible!