Internship Reference: (ZHEN04)
Founded in 1970 in Germany and later expanded to the USA and China, this company has become one of the fastest growing manufacturers of effective merchandising solutions in the world.
The Group supplies retailers, brand manufacturers, sales promotional, advertising and print companies with a wide range of new concept ideas for price ticketing, merchandising and sales promotional activities. Their extensive product range is designed to enhance the overall appearance and image of products displayed in retail stores with the purpose of stimulating sales at the point-of-purchase.
Development: With a network of engineers in the USA, China, and Germany, the company has the unique capability to look at all angles of a project and provide you with the best possible merchandising solution.
Manufacturing: The Group is the only company in the industry that operates fully owned manufacturing facilities in the USA, Germany, and China. With a combined number of 55 extrusion lines and 35 injection molding machines, they can provide their clients with the quickest turnaround time on a prototype order or a large roll-out.
Number of Staff: Approx 500 globally.
Manufacturing/ Design Engineering Intern
Manufacturing/Design Engineering Internship
- Promoting quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the Company.
- Contribute to large-scale engineering projects.
- Design with creativity and aesthetics in mind whilst not losing sight of function
- Ensuring manufacturing complies with internal and external standards and requirements
- Ensuring test and procedures are properly understood, carried out and evaluated and that product modifications are investigated if required.
- Bring in own ideas for product development, has knowledge of the international market (preferably Asia)
- Any other reasonable task requested by management
- Degree in engineering with added business background (the German degree Wirtschaftsingenieur would be preferred but is by no means a must)
- Relevant experience would be a plus
- A professional attitude
- Intern should be a team worker, strongly self-motivated and can work under pressure
- A hands-on person and interested in all aspects of the business
- Skilled use of CAD software
- Good people skills
- Fluent English
- Knowledge of another European language or Chinese would be of advantage