Position Code: MADEN01
This Spanish Solar PV (PhotoVoltaic) Plant Engineering company are on a mission to accelerate the energy transition by increasing the global solar energy capacity through disrupting and user-friendly cloud-based solutions.
We have created pvDesign, a cloud-based software that automates and optimizes the analysis, design, and engineering of photovoltaic plants in all its stages. Our customers speed up the process of design and engineering and also reduce the construction costs of PV plants and Levelized Cost of Energy (LCOE) while increasing accuracy and asset profitability. PvDesign has a track record of +1,300 users reaching +2000GW simulated in over +130 countries worldwide.
PvDesign has proven to produce more than 5% of energy compared to the standard parameters used in the sector, a 20% asset profitability increase, and a reduction of the number of hours engineering teams spend by 85%. Only in 2020, our clients have been able to execute an extra 147 projects that they would have been able without pvDesign, totalising 8.82GW installed/year. It’s the equivalent to the electricity consumption of 4.5 million households worldwide. This leads to an annual reduction of 6 million tons of CO2 and an annual decrease of 9 million oil barrels.
By merging technology and engineering, we aim to strengthen the renewable energy industry, bringing cost reduction and maximizing the efficiency of solar plant deployment. Our ultimate goal? To accelerate the energy transition by contributing to the proliferation of solar energy worldwide.
Diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, age, orientation or ability.
- Full training and onboarding program.
- Young, dynamic, and diverse work environment.
- Focused on international markets.
- Passionate about renewables, sustainability, and new technologies.
- Constant opportunities to voice your opinions and ideas.
- Career development according to your aspirations and interests.
- Plenty of after-hours activities with the team
Solar Photovoltaic Engineer
Possible tasks and projects include:
- Solve customers’ issues regarding the use and functioning of the pvDesign software as part of our Customer Success team.
- Carry out software demonstrations for potential clients.
- Optimize the solar PV plant designs of customers upon request.
- Maintain pvDesign’s Knowledge Base, methodologies, and video tutorials updated.
- Work alongside the Business Development team to build customer relationships.
- Recover feedback from clients and identify its priority.
- Understand from a technical perspective what our customers expect from the software.
- Provide training for new clients and participate in webinars and international conferences.
N.B. tasks and projects may vary depending on current priorities. Specific projects and responsibilities will be discussed during an interview.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication in English (C1).
- Professional knowledge in other languages will also be considered (Spanish, French, Portuguese, German or Italian preferred).
- Knowledge of solar plant design.
- Passion in finding the best solution to customer questions/issues.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical mind with creative problem-solving abilities. Strong work ethic, team player, and eagerness to learn.
- Sociable, curious, and creative.
Don’t exactly match these requirements? If you have the enthusiasm and want to learn – then speak to Pagoda about this position and we’ll see what is possible!