Internship Reference: SGLA01
This organisation is a Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam based law firm. The firm is led by a British Managing Partner, who has been living and working in Vietnam since 2007. Before establishing the firm, he worked at large international law firms in London, Singapore, the Middle East and Vietnam.
This company currently has a team of lawyers who are qualified in Vietnam and abroad, in both continental and common law. Our lawyers are bi-lingual in Vietnamese, German, English, Malay, French, Italian and Dutch.
This law firm’s commitment is to service excellence which extends to the way in which we approach fees.
In 2016, this firm joined a network of Asian law firms operating in South East Asia and the Pacific RIM known as “One Asia Lawyers”. One Asia Lawyers has partner offices in Tokyo, Singapore, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Laos, Malaysia, the Philippines and Myanmar. Our participation in this network has allowed us to serve our clients with regional capability allowing us to concurrently serve our clients’ cross border needs through one dedicated legal platform.
This legal firm is ‘a strong firm for M&A, which excels in transactions’, with a strong presence in consumer-facing sectors such as retail and leisure. / Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018
Job Duties include but not limited to:
● Provide English training to the staff during one or more training sessions (by designing exercises and by using a text the lawyers have written and correct that)
● Proof reading and correction of legal texts
● Ad-Hoc tasks as required
● Present on legal terms/M+A by using an existing presentation or develop one for company use
● Draft/update the doing business in Vietnam guide
● English communication and interpersonal skills
● Ability to write (legal) texts
● Ability to give insightful and interesting presentations on various legal topics
● Able to provide training on (legal) English and provide feedback on the participants submitted material