Internship Code: SHLA02
This internship host Law Firm was founded in early 1995 by a group of ‘backbone lawyers’ from the former China Legal Affairs Center of the Ministry of Justice.
Today they have become a well-known Chinese law firm with a comprehensive field of practice, their Shanghai office was established in 2003.
The practices of the Shanghai-based branch cover dispute resolution, corporate governance, finance, fund & asset management, securities & capital market, mergers & acquisitions, insurance & trust, bankruptcy & business reorganisation, intellectual property, real estate & construction, antitrust and anti-unfair competition and marital & family law.
The internship role will be changeable depending on ongoing projects and requests from clients.
- Assist lawyers and legal consultants with legal research
- Depending on candidate skillset; translation, proofreading
- Legal research
- Memo writing
- Preparing legal documents
- Proofreading legal documents
- Draft documents and correspondence
- Analyse data and records
The internship position is not limited to the outline above, and all candidates are encouraged during an interview to discuss responsibilities.
- Full professional proficiency in English; some basic Chinese skills are required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Degree in Law
- Keen interest in China
- Strong communicator
- Ability to work independently