Position Code: MANBS08
The business is a company that delivers expertise in global sanctions, through consultation, training and capacity building. The company works with a range of clients from law firms to small and medium-sized companies advising on sanctions risk. They deliver training, both through our courses and in partnership with a number of other financial crime compliance trainers. They work with a number of partners, and in our own right to build sanctions compliance capacity and understanding globally. Thet will be offering a membership (due to launch in late 2022) – aimed at helping sanctions compliance professionals, and those working on sanctions with access to discounts on training, monthly journal, up-to-date sanctions and compliance news, and detailed analysis.
Junior Associate Intern
The internship will focus on providing support across the work of the business and to existing staff. The intern will be expected to work across a number of ongoing projects, as well as help to identify additional sources of potential work. The position will focus on analysis and research to support such work. The internship will also focus heavily on content creation across a number of mediums, and designing and implementing a social media strategy for the company.
- Create a social media strategy for the business and implement the first stages of this, including managing the business’s social media accounts. Provide analysis of options for webinar series and assist in production.
- Create sanctions-related content for the company’s LinkedIn page and website. Help to overhaul the FISC journal website and make improvements to the site to increase traffic and promote the journal. Consider options for social media to support FISC.
- Content creation for news items within FISC on sanctions, drafting within a strict framework for review and editing by other members of the company
- Assist in commissioning content for FISC, including liaising with content contributors, identifying opportunities, and meeting with contacts.
- Provide research and analysis to support ongoing projects of the company and possible new focuses of the company, including in-depth reports.
N.B. tasks and projects may vary depending on current priorities. Specific projects and responsibilities will be discussed during an interview.
- Successful candidates will be able to show an understanding of international relations and how business can be affected by geo-politics. Whilst sanctions knowledge is not required, some understanding would be beneficial. It is vital that candidates understand the importance of a strong compliance culture within the business and how this can grow the business, but in a safe way. However, detailed knowledge of risk and compliance work is not necessary for the role.
- Successful candidates will be able to work collaboratively on issues whilst also being self-motivated and capable of working independently across a range of issues. Successful candidates will be expected to have good drafting skills, a sound grasp of the importance of marketing and advertising, and be able to communicate well.
- The successful candidate will be expected to sign a general Non-Disclosure Agreement, and specific ones as relevant to specific clients’ project work.
- The successful candidate will also be expected to provide a satisfactory DBS check before starting – the cost of which will be covered by the company.
Don’t exactly match these requirements? If you have the enthusiasm and want to learn – then speak to Pagoda about this position and we’ll see what is possible!