Internship Reference: MANMA12
This Chamber of Commerce is the largest accredited Chamber of Commerce in the UK with over 4,800 members. The Chamber is located in the heart of the City Centre and has a strong presence in Greater Manchester’s ten local authority areas. We provide first-class business support to companies of all shapes and sizes.
For the last two years our Chamber has been recognised at the British Chamber of Commerce Awards, winning the “Excellence in International Trade Services’ award”. We work closely with partners in the UK and overseas to deliver a wide range of services to help companies at every stage of their international trade journey. We work with around 2,500 companies in international trade and our Export Documentation team processes over 38,000 documents a year, contributing £1bn to the local economy.
International Trade Event Management & Marketing
We are looking for an intern to join our team to support with our wide range of services and events across our International Trade and Export Documentation Team. The role includes supporting the team with event management, marketing, market research and analysis and business development. A part of this role will also include promoting these international opportunities at our events, training and other networking opportunities.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support with event management and marketing
- Conducting data collection and desktop research
- Support with delivery of international trade services
- Dealing with customers on a regular basis
- Capacity to work autonomously and to take the initiative
- Communication both written and oral
- Strong interest in international trade
- Sufficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Organised and pays close attention to details
- Experience in event management would be desirable but not essential