Internship Reference: CDBS70
This company is an early stage online to offline Service Company that aims to enable anyone to take part in the designing, customizing, producing and selling of a wide range of material products. This will be achieved through a collaborative online platform with a library of product designs connected to a network of offline “micro factories” with digital fabrication technologies (such as 3D printers, CNC mills, and laser cutters). The company’s mission is to become a leading platform for the ‘internet of production’, using a targeted roll-out in China as a springboard for international expansion. Their platform will be internationalized to well serve and integrate the Chinese and International market.
Social Media & Communities Internship
Supporting the Chief Communities Officer in following our objectives and strategies of building an online community around our online platform and engagement:
- Outreach and activation of core company network for the online platform launch
- Research and content for our website surrounding innovation in design and production
- Population of content aggregator on a range of topics with links to articles, 3D designs, videos and photos
- Research & preparation of tweets, facebook posts to populate a content calendar
- Preparation of imagery and video for social media posts
- Scheduling and management of posts across platforms, using tools like Buffer
- Monitoring and analysing success of social media outreach, using tools like Buffer
- Engagement with our social media communities around our posts, their messages, and queries
- Analysing online platform engagement using tools like Intercom.io
- Mailing list management and email support of community using tools like Mailchimp
- Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of marketing and communications. Marketing or Communications degree is welcomed but not required with relevant work experience.
- Passion for copywriting and creative expression
- Interested in design and technology
- Motivation to realize a more sustainable and ethical world
- An interdisciplinary, keen learner, that is curious about how things are made, where they are produced, and the story behind what we consume
- Open and approachable communication skills so to be able to reach out to new persons online and build relationships
- Assumes responsibilities and initiative, ability to troubleshoot and keep calm when faced with a complex matter
- Fluency in English, with an interest in learning Chinese. Ideally a third language such as Spanish or German.
- Proficient in Microsoft office: Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Design oriented person, that has a grasp of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign. For the right person, can be trained by team
- Practice or a willingness to use video editing software: Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, or even iMovie. For the right person, can be trained by team
- Experience and interest in using social media platforms for community engagement like Twitter and Facebook
- Ideally with experience in using online community engagement tools like Mailchimp, induction will be provided with tools like Buffer and intercom.io
2 months minimum.