Internship Reference: QDPT04
This magazine company is the number one seller in the City. They are cool, edgy and always the people to turn to to find out whats happening in Qingdao. The English magazine and WeChat account serve as Qingdao’s Official Guide, in addition to comprehensive contract publishing (print and web), event services, translation and sourcing. They also organise city-wide events from pub crawls to concerts, fun runs and more making it the perfect place for creative people to thrive. This is a great platform for interns to publish and showcase their own photography and build up a strong portfolio of professional work.
Number of staff: 3-10
Photography and Media Internship
- Photography is an important part of our work, so interns with strong photography and video skills are required.
- Photographing businesses and interviewees will make up the bulk of the work, as well as a chance to contribute other work shot in and around Qingdao.
- Graphic design and layout go hand-in-hand with this role: using software applications such as Photoshop and Freehand.
- Expect considerable freedom to choose and manage your own projects. Topics in editorial include: lifestyle, business, travel, Chinese culture, opinion pieces etc.
- Event Management: Regular events in the local music, arts and cultural scene are organised and regularly held by the company. The intern would be involved in organising and helping to manage events on a regular basis as well.
- Any contributions to editorial would also be welcome.
- Good English proficiency, Chinese is a plus, but not required
- A good camera and a portfolio of previous photography
- Preferably a candidate with some basic html experience or some design experience with Adobe In-Design or Photoshop
- Intern should have an open mind with lots of fresh and new ideas
- Intern should bring their own laptop with them to the office