Internship Reference: QDME04
This magazine company is the number one seller in the City. They are cool, edgy and always the people to turn to to find out whats happening in Qingdao. The English magazine and WeChat account serve as Qingdao’s Official Guide, in addition to comprehensive contract publishing (print and web), event services, translation and sourcing. They also organise city-wide events from pub crawls to concerts, fun runs and more making it the perfect place for creative people to thrive. This is a great platform for interns to publish and showcase their own writing skills and build up a strong portfolio of professional work.
Number of staff: 3-10
Journalism & Media Internship
- Journalism: this is a flexible role for anyone interested in journalism. You can expect to work on a mixture of assigned tasks and projects of your own choosing.
- Editorial: Obviously requires an interest in writing. Topics include: Lifestyle, business, travel, Chinese culture and opinion pieces. In particular, interns with an interest in writing about business and international trade issues facing China in the 21st century.
- In addition to contributing your own work interns are expected to help the team with proof-reading, translation, sales and marketing.
- Business Development: Our small organisation is exciting and dynamic, we are developing fast, especially in the areas of information technology, direct marketing and networking. We now have particular need for skills to help develop our core business, as well as identify new opportunities.
- Event Management: Regular events in the local music, arts and cultural scene are organised and regularly held by the company. The intern would be involved in organising and helping to manage events on a regular basis.
- Excellent English required and Chinese ability is a huge advantage
- Someone who is willing to explore the city, network and bring creative ideas to the table
- Preferably a candidate with some basic html experience and some design experience with Adobe In-Design or Photoshop
- Photography is also a big part of our work, so interns who have photography skills are also preferred
- Intern should bring their own laptop with them to the office
1 – 6 months